Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-22-2004, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Member

accounting system

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz
MJ i completely agree with you......but mark said he wants to go to school for general business.....if i were him, i'd take just a few classes.

i have been asking everyone today.....so here you go......MJ, what accounting/tracking software do you use?
i hesitate to admit this but twenty years ago one of my customers showed me how to log expenses in a leather bound book that would facilatate doing your taxes and tracking your expenses. i spent a couple of winters with h&r block and learned to focus on my schedule 'c' as the real test of how to manage your money. your investment in equipment and earnings need to be timed.
sorry i'm so old fashioned but i tend to stick to systems that work for me.i keep copies of all the bids i make figuring hours of labor,exposure to liabilityand profitbility.
mj
Old 12-22-2004, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Both Wayne State and EMU have really good business degree programs, and they are in the area. Something to think about.

I'm all ready for the weather. The weather people on the 6pm news were going crazy. I thought the one dude was going to blow his load. It's the super duper storm of doom 2004! Oh my God! Run for the hills!

Old 12-22-2004, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Its $$$ Falling From the SKY!!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

U of M has one of the best business schools in the country "School of Management". I have about 2 years left.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Well, I really like MSU, and all schools are good, just some specialize in some things that others dont. Also, I dont think I could get into UofM (IM WHITE and dont have a 4.4 GPA) LOL, sorry I just really hate the friggin minority thing colleges have!
Plus alot of my family went to msu and we donate money to the school, so that'll give me brownie points to get in! And its a GREAT school, with really really hot girls (season tix to msu football, and there are soooooooooooo many hot girls lol)

Maybe im the only one who feels this way, but hell, ill express myself, lol, But, I just dont get it, there can be a scholarship fund called "United Negro Fund" but if we opened up one called "United Honkey Fund" we'd all get sued!
All that minority stuff really really pisses me off. Funny thing is, im the only one in my family that really gets pissed about it, maybe cause im the one affected?

I just dont understand, how can you get more points for being one race than another? It doesnt make anysense. EVERYONE has an opertunity at things and if the F up, thats their fault and dont deserve a chance at a good college!!!!

Im 16, male, white, own my own business, and keep a 3.4 GPA at Grosse Pointe North, now, tell me, how can someone who goes to a detroit school, who gets a 2.2, and hasnt worked a day in their life, get more points than me just because there black!!! That kinda stuff pisses me off ALOT. I work for what I get, and work for what I want, I dont want some lowlife who has never worked a day in their life or studied a day in their life taking the education of a good MSU, UofM, Central, school away from me. That is total BS if you ask me!

Sorry guys, I know some of you will disagree with me, and think im rasist, which im not, it just ticks me off that someone who doesnt work as hard as me can get more advantages just because their race! I hope Some will aggree, but I just needed to vent!!! Thanks for tuning in to Marks Ranting. LOL.

How about this big snowfall tonight guys!!!

Anyway, I really want to go to MSU, its a great school, im guarnteed a good education, and I know I can get in.

Last edited by RedWingsDet; 12-22-2004 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

we should open United Whity Fund...we will get tons of publicity.

Old 12-22-2004, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I got in to UofM with a 3.2 gpa, 1100 on my SAT, 28 on my ACT. I'm white as hell. I don't agree with the practices of awarding points either. But to be honest with you, there aren't that many minorities at UofM. Asians are the biggest majority of minorities there. And since the ruling has come down, minority applications have dropped significantly.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz
we should open United Whity Fund...we will get tons of publicity.

we should, execpt we'd get sued again, I dont understand, its okay to open up a United Negro Fund and they dont get sued, but as soon as we do, you know we'd get sued. Its F-in BS!
Old 12-22-2004, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdman
I got in to UofM with a 3.2 gpa, 1100 on my SAT, 28 on my ACT. I'm white as hell. I don't agree with the practices of awarding points either. But to be honest with you, there aren't that many minorities at UofM. Asians are the biggest majority of minorities there. And since the ruling has come down, minority applications have dropped significantly.
damn 28 on your ACT thats awsome man! Im hoping to get about a 24-26. I know ill do good either way.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i thought I would through in the pricing for onyx. I know the first time you go they will mostlikley charge you for weight or yards. That is what they did to me and it was like 20 bucks. then as I pulled out the weighd my truck and trailer and put it in there computer. the next time i went it only cost 10 for around 4 yards of old mulch.

Tags
alternative landscaping