Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-18-2011, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

does anyone know anyone selling a truck? (preferably a ram)

www.ProTurfLawnServiceLLC.com
Old 03-18-2011, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been out bidding tons of landscape jobs. Lawn bids are quiet this year we have lost a lot of resi's this year but hanging onto the commerical's. It is gonna be a tough year. It's funny when gas is going up so we raised our prices 4% and people complain after you have been cutting for 10 years for the same price. Funny
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2011, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

All this talk about working, have you guys walked across a lawn yet? I sink into them, things are crazy wet on this side. Grass is still dormant, and if these yards even hear the word areator they turn to mud!! And let's not for get what xpress said over on plowsite, things are going to get cold and maybe even more snow!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-19-2011, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
Break!! we been breaking for 2 weeks now.lol Im ready to work again, getting old playing xbox and smoking weed.jk!! just bored from sitting around and spending money. maybe some areations will hit by the end of the month.
yeah a break...with NOTHING to do. I dont have any time for xbox..my transisition between snow and summer is always a *****, lots to do and then when you got 2 sick kids at home-somedays I wanna pull my hair out. Phones, emails, equipment, employees bs all in a short period of time leaves no break time. I like a good month off with nothing business related if possible. Thats what i call a break.
Oh well, b*tchin never helps much....so until things get goin, all you can do is deal and try your best. I agree, this season is gonna be a challenge for lots of us (big and small)- not sure how people are gonna spend thier money (what they have left).lol

Oh michigan....
Old 03-19-2011, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson's Landscaping View Post
All this talk about working, have you guys walked across a lawn yet? I sink into them, things are crazy wet on this side. Grass is still dormant, and if these yards even hear the word areator they turn to mud!! And let's not for get what xpress said over on plowsite, things are going to get cold and maybe even more snow!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah the aerator will now act as a sod cutter if you try running one on these lawns. Thats gonna be a while till thier dry!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I seen a no-name company doind a clean-up yesterday on 23 mile rd. I didnt see any big equipment but blowers and rakes. Isnt it alittle wet out right now. Hell i cant even get to my trailers right now because of the water logged grass. there burried in the back of my property.
lighting i find it hard to believe that your bidding on tons of work.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've given prices on a few residentials and followed up on some leads from the fall/winter time but nothing special. I think this time last year we were busier with estimates and such.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post
yeah a break...with NOTHING to do. I dont have any time for xbox..my transisition between snow and summer is always a *****, lots to do and then when you got 2 sick kids at home-somedays I wanna pull my hair out. Phones, emails, equipment, employees bs all in a short period of time leaves no break time. I like a good month off with nothing business related if possible. Thats what i call a break.
Oh well, b*tchin never helps much....so until things get goin, all you can do is deal and try your best. I agree, this season is gonna be a challenge for lots of us (big and small)- not sure how people are gonna spend thier money (what they have left).lol

Oh michigan....
I always do all my equipment in the fall, right before winter so when spring comes i dont have to mess with it just fill up and go. I hate waiting till spring then trying to get everything ready. its just to hard to do. PROFITS!! thats going to be hard to come by this season. Survival is what im calling this season.lol Maybe ill win big tonight, going to a poker turny tonight.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I've done 28 bids in the last 2 weeks, I've done 33 lawn bids in the last 3 weeks which is not much as normal. I advertise alot and we start bidding in feburary every year. Commercial we bid in janurary.

We already are working on equipment, and will be out the door soon to start. I watched a company doing some cleanups yesterday but I'm waiting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We've bidded on two commericals, 4 resis, and an hoa tomorrow. Better then last year and we still have more flyers to send out next week and more follow up calls to some other commercials were trying to get. Oh and one install to do....It seams that offering payments to people this year up front makes them more likely to sign, I'm offering eight payments to our resis with the first one due by April 5th.

Lawncareamerica...were on 23 mile did you see them?
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
alternative landscaping