Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-23-2011, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
I was talking to a company at weingartz`s the other day....and this guy seriously told me that he had 6 guys out flyering for him! Not only do they flyer but the remove all the other flyers and replace them with theirs......idk if those were my flyers i`d be pissed! This is the same guy who tells people hes cutting for 25 then i see his contract says 15 bucks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Guys that take down other peoples flyers are nothing but low life scum bags.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Guys that take down other peoples flyers are nothing but low life scum bags.
I totally agree!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Would it make you feel better if I give them back? Survival of the fitest my friend. Dog eat dog if you will.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

my pops got a postcard in his door today for a company offering 17.00 cuts. The post card wasnt even stamped, just placed in the door. hell after gas and larbor whats left 5.00. LOL . im not going to give the name but it was a st. clair shores company. most lawns in that area i charge 25.00.
Does anyone use b&w in the clem?? Meridith past away last week saturday, she the older lady that runs the front counter. Pretty sad.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
Would it make you feel better if I give them back? Survival of the fitest my friend. Dog eat dog if you will.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think they were just commenting on the quality of a man's charaacter who does such things. I agree.

One small exception: the equally low life scum bag who makes no effort to secure their rudimentary little marketing effort to the door or mailbox. That is nothing but premeditated litter (which, I believe should be a felony)!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
my pops got a postcard in his door today for a company offering 17.00 cuts. The post card wasnt even stamped, just placed in the door. hell after gas and larbor whats left 5.00. LOL . im not going to give the name but it was a st. clair shores company. most lawns in that area i charge 25.00.
Does anyone use b&w in the clem?? Meridith past away last week saturday, she the older lady that runs the front counter. Pretty sad.
WORSE! In my fathers Mailbox last week was a Flyer saying this Company (in West Bloomfield) Wants the CUSTOMER to Name their Own price! For Lawn Maintenance, Mulch, Clean ups ETC. Min. $10
Old 03-23-2011, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
WORSE! In my fathers Mailbox last week was a Flyer saying this Company (in West Bloomfield) Wants the CUSTOMER to Name their Own price! For Lawn Maintenance, Mulch, Clean ups ETC. Min. $10
Thats crazy, naming your own price. Hell i should tell him 5.00 a lawn and give him all my accounts and sit back and collect a check. Yea right, I wouldnt have any accounts at the end of the year, probally hack them all up. Its getting pretty stupid out in the field. It happens every season though, this is nothing new. Good luck
Old 03-23-2011, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have only seen a few flyers @ my house this year. Usually its jam packed. I think some of the unemployed going around while collecting benefits have run out and actually had to go get a job. Might not be as bad this year
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking for a liquid storage tank

Hey guys my work partner asked me to Post an ad on here...hes (maybe WE..If this works) looking for a Liquid storage tank, like a Tote... PM me if you do.
Last year we cut his grass every week. Since it was always watered etc. Then he got the bill and almost passed out! ( i mean Water Bill)

So he showed me his plan for this year....He plans to use a Tote to hold Screened Gutter and sump pump water>> There into a Sprinkler pump (1/2 HP) >>To his in ground system....Each zone has 3 sprinklers...Also he only cares about his front yard... so I think its like 2 lawns zones and one flower bed zone.

Do you guys think this would work? I think if it does it would be a nice and Eco friendly.... Might have to do this at my house too! lol
Old 03-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Sponsor

Hi Lawnsite Members! Have you heard of our innovative Band-It Stick-It Door Hangers? They are a cost effective way to keep your advertisement on the door where it belongs & customers can even bring the ad inside & place it on the refrigerator instead of throwing it in the drawer with your competitors ads.

We have great start up specials on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It® products and even offer free CUSTOM design services if you mention this forum post! (No hidden costs – talk to a live customer service rep – lots of Lawn & Landscaping designs to choose from as well as custom design services)

5,000 only $295 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
2,500 only $189 - FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING
1,000 only $99
FULL COLOR PRINTING & STICK-IT INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

ALSO 9"x6" FULL COLOR POST CARDS (with Stick-It) mailed & postage included as low as $0.26 each.
SEARCH Lawnsite for Adeas Printing & see what other members are saying about us and our products. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!

Curious about our quality – request a FREE sample packet! www.adeasprinting.com/free-samples

www.AdeasPrinting.com/door-hangers
866 - 778-4254
stickit@adeasprinting.com

Tags
alternative landscaping