Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2011, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscape View Post
Be careful, those things go through heads like every 50 hours.
Yeah if you ride the ground with it you will burn a head a week. I don't know why they can't make the plastic thicker, its paper thin brand new. Not a whip for a dummy. (That excludes all superior l and l workers!)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2011, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
Funny guy today.

Wana hear something real funny.....up in the hills, (the lawn on the corner of tyron trail and fawn valley)I pulled the spark plug boot off one of your whips when the worker left in at the bottom of the drive while he was mowing. He musta pulled on that thing 200 times before he figured out what was wrong with it, mark and I were laughing our butts of 50 yards away we figured he would looked at us laughing and figured out it was me but he didn't.

I was going to put a piece of rag in the boot and put it back on but I figured he never would have figured that out.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is really funny.

Hey, you know what? You could pull that prank on your own guys too!! You could relive that joy until you showed all of them your trick.

That would be really funny.....wouldn't it?
Old 04-16-2011, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Heck no that isn't funny! Then its my time and money they are wasting. When its pauls time and money your wasting its hilarious!!!!!! You know what I mean?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2011, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Another good one is when u Pull the pin on the hitch, pull the break away and disconnect the chains on the trailer. And put the jack down. They drive away not even realizing the trailers where they stopped,

Another one is pull all the string out cut it short on all the whipes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2011, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys sorry to interrupt the funny LCO Tricks....
But i was wondering if anyone Participated in the (Weingartz) Mower lease program???
Its All Exmark Mowers WB- 3k for a season/ 6 months
Then ZTR's are 4k for the season/ 6 months
They do ALL maintenance on the mowers
You just have to take it to them Once a month....
While they do-what they do You can wait of they will give you a loaner....

Kinda started talking about it in this thread here Click This link Lawn site ThreadBut i was just looking for some Local LCO Input....
Old 04-16-2011, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

United leases allmost all of their mowers but I'm sure they get better rates then that. The only way to make that work is to be running 1,500 hours at least per season but I'm sure they have caps on the hours anyways. It would be hard to make the numbers work. In two years you could have bought it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2011, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

anyone ever install drain pipe to a ditch and cover it up .i have a customer that wants his ditch back filled and steel corrugated pipe installed ,the job is straight forward and simple but where can i get the pipe from and is what type of permits will be needed and i wonder if i can even pull the permits without having a builders license,the customer said if i do it on the weekend its ok but i don't want need any trouble later down the road.what do you guys think
Old 04-16-2011, 02:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
United leases allmost all of their mowers but I'm sure they get better rates then that. The only way to make that work is to be running 1,500 hours at least per season but I'm sure they have caps on the hours anyways. It would be hard to make the numbers work. In two years you could have bought it.
Posted via Mobile Device
FYI Im looking at the vantage 52" stander
Thats the same thing another pperson told me in the other thread..I put about 600- 700 hrs on my machine a season..
No caps at weingartz
2 yrs yes i could have bought it. Very true. But my invision is after 2 yrs Mowers are bound to have stuff happening to them.
This way at the end of this season i can have them tag the mower so i get "MY" mower back next year. The season after Next its prob. going to be on its last leg so instead of trying to sell it or get rid of it i would just return the mower and start ALL OVER AGAIN!

Did i say they do all work on the mowers?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Do you need it every day of the week? If not rent that thing out to another small time guy that needs it two days a week and charge him 100 bucks a day. Make money off of weinergartz
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2011, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmaster06 View Post
anyone ever install drain pipe to a ditch and cover it up .i have a customer that wants his ditch back filled and steel corrugated pipe installed ,the job is straight forward and simple but where can i get the pipe from and is what type of permits will be needed and i wonder if i can even pull the permits without having a builders license,the customer said if i do it on the weekend its ok but i don't want need any trouble later down the road.what do you guys think
Used 12 & 16" drain pipe from ADS. Good fill and compaction is a must. We didn't need permit but had to do it to to twp specs.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
alternative landscaping