Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-23-2011, 10:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Speaking of fuel surcharges what is everyone charging.. ? We are doing $2 @ 3.50 ,$3 at $4.50 and if it hits $5 we are going to raise. Everyone by $1.00 and $2.00 fuel charge if it hits $6.00/ gal which liberally home it doesn't.. for commercial accounts we are not doing the fuel surcharge if I did I probaly loose all my commercial
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2011, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstar lawn View Post
I heard that too but hopefully that's only stipulation. Also I heard Obama just hired on gas task force to look in to the gas prices
Posted via Mobile Device
As if that will do any good. I think the Obama administration would like gas to be $6 or higher to promote electric and other alternative fueled vehicles. Obama actually told people at a town meeting who complained about high gas prices to buy more fuel efficient vehicles.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi guys. Just wanted to chime in on the gas price thing. I raised everyone $5 to $10 bucks a month and lost 4% of my customers. They are all smaller accounts and the kind who complain about minor tire tracks in their yard when the reason is that they have constantly soaked yards due to watering every day including when it is raining. I am actually happy to see them go.
Have a good season guys.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v6spd View Post
As if that will do any good. I think the Obama administration would like gas to be $6 or higher to promote electric and other alternative fueled vehicles. Obama actually told people at a town meeting who complained about high gas prices to buy more fuel efficient vehicles.
Yeah I heard that too about telling them his solution was to buy more fuel efficient cars. You would think they would have to step in at some point especially if it hits $5 a gallon. Now that its at $4.00 a gallon I am able to put $100.00+ in my gas tank which i am pretty excited about.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esshaki View Post
Speaking of fuel surcharges what is everyone charging.. ? We are doing $2 @ 3.50 ,$3 at $4.50 and if it hits $5 we are going to raise. Everyone by $1.00 and $2.00 fuel charge if it hits $6.00/ gal which liberally home it doesn't.. for commercial accounts we are not doing the fuel surcharge if I did I probaly loose all my commercial
Posted via Mobile Device
Raised all residentials $1 across the board, stop letting some slide on bagging cost. Just making sure I charge extra for EVERYTHING this year. No more freebies like "aw that bush only took 5 minutes to pull out Mr. Jones, don't worry about it" I lost three accounts, but I raised them $3-5 each for being a PITA so I didn't mind. A couple PITA's I raised a bit more and they didn't hesitate. Gotta love the picky ones, they are very particular, but when you can do it right they pay for it because they know how hard it is to find.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2011, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookline View Post
Raised all residentials $1 across the board, stop letting some slide on bagging cost. Just making sure I charge extra for EVERYTHING this year. No more freebies like "aw that bush only took 5 minutes to pull out Mr. Jones, don't worry about it" I lost three accounts, but I raised them $3-5 each for being a PITA so I didn't mind. A couple PITA's I raised a bit more and they didn't hesitate. Gotta love the picky ones, they are very particular, but when you can do it right they pay for it because they know how hard it is to find.
Posted via Mobile Device
See thats why you lost customers..well not you in particular but see what i did was a added a small note at the bottom saying "If gas exceeds 4 dollars i will add a Fuel surcharge will be applied to your bill." So if they read (Lets say) $30 a cut.... they will just sign the contract.
Then you add a $100 Dollar fee if they send it to you and they turn down the service.

This year will really separate the Boys from the Men!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, today just dried out the ground and now it's gonna rain again I do not think we are gonna get all of the cleanups done this year, looking like we are in for a week of more rain.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2011, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Member

This weather is crazy last year this time I was on my 2nd cut working on bed preps and mulching.. its gonna be crunch time time over the next 2 weeks still got 45 residential cleanups and 3 condo... Really behind
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-24-2011, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried squeezing a cleanup and a couple of first cuts outs yesterday morning. On the first pass at the first account, sunk the mower...

Finished both up, and called it a day. Great day to be on a bike.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Happy Easter everyone, It is gonna be a crunch week!!! Not looking forward to it.

Serving the westside

Tags
alternative landscaping