Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-01-2011, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Just picked up my new trailer today. Its a Haul-It 7x16 got a pretty good deal. If anyone is looking for a heavy duty trailer and want to drive a bit contact dave at us 127 motorsports. I only paid 2300 for mine
2001 Bobcat 48 Inch Hydro Walkbehind
2010 Toro 2450 Snowblower
2013 Redmax BCZ2460TS String Trimmer
2014 Redmaz HEZ2450S Edger
2011 Haul-It 7x16 Landscape Trailer
2012 Toro Push Mower
Old 06-02-2011, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I need a one time cut at 6mile and Sheldon in Northville. House is for one of my realtors and needs to keep the city off their back. I cut it 2 weeks ago, but dont have the time to drive out there. supposed to be closing on it.... 50$ took me by myself about 30-40 mins last time with edging (no need to edge this time though)
Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey does anyone have a sthl trimmer gear hear/ broken sthl string trimmer???
I'm looking for a sthl gearhead... I took mine off and I think that's the problem because the cord turns on the fs55
But the head won't turn!

Please let me know if you can hep
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-02-2011, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookline View Post
Anyone run Husqvarna ZTR's? Went to the dealer to browse today and noticed they started carrying them. They look like tanks next to the exmarks and scags he sells and a comparison of equal models the Husqvarna is significantly cheaper. I have searched and found that they have incredible cut quality compared to exmark, I just want to know more about the durabilitty of the other components because I am almost sold on the machines.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bad Boy mowers...

All Seasons in Belleville. Good guys. Love my bad boy, looks like a tank next to a husqvarna.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone add an overgrowth fee to their billings for last month. I know some customers will cry and some will accept it, but i think its only fair. We spent a ton more in fuel and labor just to make these lawns look half way decent.
I dont care anymore =if they wanna quit, quit. Im not losing money..this isnt a charity.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

City of Southgate cops are out hard on all lawn services...Have everything ready to go.

Got pulled over yesterday, but he didn't ticket me for anything...talked to 3 others, they all got pulled over too.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post
Anyone add an overgrowth fee to their billings for last month. I know some customers will cry and some will accept it, but i think its only fair. We spent a ton more in fuel and labor just to make these lawns look half way decent.
I dont care anymore =if they wanna quit, quit. Im not losing money..this isnt a charity.
I don't know about you but we have been able to pick the jobs we want to do and skip what we don't. It has been a good year for work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffdeer View Post
City of Southgate cops are out hard on all lawn services...Have everything ready to go.

Got pulled over yesterday, but he didn't ticket me for anything...talked to 3 others, they all got pulled over too.
I have been seeing more and more morons with mowers not strapped down or if they are it is one little 1inch strap so oh well.
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrapro View Post
I don't know about you but we have been able to pick the jobs we want to do and skip what we don't. It has been a good year for work.

I have been seeing more and more morons with mowers not strapped down or if they are it is one little 1inch strap so oh well.
I have been flooded with work as well....and its nice to pick and choose what jobs I want and don't want.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-03-2011, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experiance with doing jobs on rest areas for the state? I got a call today to give bids on 7 of them and have never done government contracts before. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=terrapro;4050600]I don't know about you but we have been able to pick the jobs we want to do and skip what we don't. It has been a good year for work.
I agree, but i am talking about your existing customers...cutting thier lawns that are way overgrown with the rain and taking 3x as long to cut- charging a surcharge. I know a few who have done it and had good results not complaints but also heard some who have done it and got screamed at and lost the accounts..so its hard to say who will accept it. I dont care, im not taking the hit with this rain sh*t and long azz cuts. If they dont like it- you are right, theres tons of calls coming in everyday and willing to pay whatever it takes

Tags
alternative landscaping