Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-09-2012, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
Doing clean ups on Tuesday? Kinda early on flyers ain't u? I found out if u do it on only warm days or when it's sunny out u get the most hits.. Now u probably won't get many hits on flyers. r u doing the door hangers or a company?
I haven't done no ads yet waiting it out. Hell I still have my tanks on trucks/plows too. Lol. Don't think I'll do ads of any kind till end of month. Let the rush go first.
Yup clean ups start tuesday, I've been having a pretty good return. I'm the only add in the paper right now and three of the four calls have all signed. I plan on cutting by the second week if april this year if the weather keeps up. I've seen four other companies out with flyers so far. And I've had about six calls from the flyers so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Really, what areas r u hitting, so I can avoid it. I'm going to do some flyers on Tuesday next week. Mostly north chesterfield/Macomb area. Suppose to be sunny an 60. Good day for them. I don't plan on cutting till end of April. Grass is still dormant and won't recover in 4-5 weeks.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Doing clean ups on Tuesday? Kinda early on flyers ain't u? I found out if u do it on only warm days or when it's sunny out u get the most hits.. Now u probably won't get many hits on flyers. r u doing the door hangers or a company?
I haven't done no ads yet waiting it out. Hell I still have my tanks on trucks/plows too. Lol. Don't think I'll do ads of any kind till end of month. Let the rush go first.
agree- way too early to start cleanups unless your just blowing and tarping, but whats the point- i can knock out spring cleanups w/ the first cut since they are generally nothing but a few leaves(if a proper fall cleanup was done)..i also agree that people generally dont start to think lawn until its actually warm consistently or the grass starts to green up a bit. April is the time when people really start to respond to any ad...but hey, if its working for you great-but 6 calls on how many flyers? if its 10k, thats not a good return. If its 600 then youre doing good.

I personally dont get all anxious to start with the gotta rush to be the first one out working mind set goin these days.. I rarely advertise, I run a small ad occasionally in spring in the paper just to get it out there, but typically those are your price shoppers, calling everyone and thier brother.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Really, what areas r u hitting, so I can avoid it. I'm going to do some flyers on Tuesday next week. Mostly north chesterfield/Macomb area. Suppose to be sunny an 60. Good day for them. I don't plan on cutting till end of April. Grass is still dormant and won't recover in 4-5 weeks.
24 mile south, off of north ave/card/plank...

Clean ups are going to be tarping and blowing, gutters, we have some island work in an HOA, tree staking cause who ever planted them didn't and now there leaning. Some stone jobs and mulch on commerical sites. The door hangers are being done by yellow book, 10k printed and hung on doors for 430$ had to do there months (30k door hangers) to the top house hold incomes in the north east section of macomb.

I know I'm kind of getting started early but I'm bored out of my mind, if I can get theses little jobs out if the way spring cutting will be that much easier
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2012, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post
agree- way too early to start cleanups unless your just blowing and tarping, but whats the point- i can knock out spring cleanups w/ the first cut since they are generally nothing but a few leaves(if a proper fall cleanup was done)..i also agree that people generally dont start to think lawn until its actually warm consistently or the grass starts to green up a bit. April is the time when people really start to respond to any ad...but hey, if its working for you great-but 6 calls on how many flyers? if its 10k, thats not a good return. If its 600 then youre doing good.

I personally dont get all anxious to start with the gotta rush to be the first one out working mind set goin these days.. I rarely advertise, I run a small ad occasionally in spring in the paper just to get it out there, but typically those are your price shoppers, calling everyone and thier brother.
Agreed, but I always get nervous when I hear guys already getting jobs or calls so early. Feel like im not doing enough. My phone hasn't rang much for new work just old clients wanting the same things done for spring. Always feel like I'm the last one to do things. Oh well, it is what it is. But it is way to early to start clean ups or any lawn work.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson's Landscaping View Post
24 mile south, off of north ave/card/plank...

Clean ups are going to be tarping and blowing, gutters, we have some island work in an HOA, tree staking cause who ever planted them didn't and now there leaning. Some stone jobs and mulch on commerical sites. The door hangers are being done by yellow book, 10k printed and hung on doors for 430$ had to do there months (30k door hangers) to the top house hold incomes in the north east section of macomb.

I know I'm kind of getting started early but I'm bored out of my mind, if I can get theses little jobs out if the way spring cutting will be that much easier
Posted via Mobile Device
It that 430 a month or for the whole 30k? Stay away from my deerfields subs on 23 an card. Lol have a lot of homes in that area.jk
Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think he's saying 430 for 10 thousand....if that is the case that is a heck of a price. I just paid 390 for 2k doorhangers with design. And that doesnt include delivery.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn & Snow View Post
I think he's saying 430 for 10 thousand....if that is the case that is a heck of a price. I just paid 390 for 2k doorhangers with design. And that doesnt include delivery.
they end up in the bushes or in the garbage can
Old 03-09-2012, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
It that 430 a month or for the whole 30k? Stay away from my deerfields subs on 23 an card. Lol have a lot of homes in that area.jk
430 per 10k delivered....theses are from yellow book theres a total of 29 companies on the door hanger there effin huge. Only one company kind, so no other landscapers.

I saw the deerfield sub didnt go in though...did get yelled at by a mail lady about flyers in the flags...lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2012, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh I thought they were individual door hanger advertising your company only. Not sure how i feel about one huge doorhanger but for the price I guess it's worth a shot! Good luck

Tags
alternative landscaping