Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #16891  
Old 03-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Watson's Landscaping Watson's Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chesterfield, Michigan
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
Doing clean ups on Tuesday? Kinda early on flyers ain't u? I found out if u do it on only warm days or when it's sunny out u get the most hits.. Now u probably won't get many hits on flyers. r u doing the door hangers or a company?
I haven't done no ads yet waiting it out. Hell I still have my tanks on trucks/plows too. Lol. Don't think I'll do ads of any kind till end of month. Let the rush go first.
Yup clean ups start tuesday, I've been having a pretty good return. I'm the only add in the paper right now and three of the four calls have all signed. I plan on cutting by the second week if april this year if the weather keeps up. I've seen four other companies out with flyers so far. And I've had about six calls from the flyers so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16892  
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM
LawncareAmericaLLC's Avatar
LawncareAmericaLLC LawncareAmericaLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: casco,Michigan
Posts: 616
Really, what areas r u hitting, so I can avoid it. I'm going to do some flyers on Tuesday next week. Mostly north chesterfield/Macomb area. Suppose to be sunny an 60. Good day for them. I don't plan on cutting till end of April. Grass is still dormant and won't recover in 4-5 weeks.
__________________
A lawnboy & Broom.
Reply With Quote
  #16893  
Old 03-09-2012, 11:04 AM
alternative's Avatar
alternative alternative is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St Clair Shores
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
Doing clean ups on Tuesday? Kinda early on flyers ain't u? I found out if u do it on only warm days or when it's sunny out u get the most hits.. Now u probably won't get many hits on flyers. r u doing the door hangers or a company?
I haven't done no ads yet waiting it out. Hell I still have my tanks on trucks/plows too. Lol. Don't think I'll do ads of any kind till end of month. Let the rush go first.
agree- way too early to start cleanups unless your just blowing and tarping, but whats the point- i can knock out spring cleanups w/ the first cut since they are generally nothing but a few leaves(if a proper fall cleanup was done)..i also agree that people generally dont start to think lawn until its actually warm consistently or the grass starts to green up a bit. April is the time when people really start to respond to any ad...but hey, if its working for you great-but 6 calls on how many flyers? if its 10k, thats not a good return. If its 600 then youre doing good.

I personally dont get all anxious to start with the gotta rush to be the first one out working mind set goin these days.. I rarely advertise, I run a small ad occasionally in spring in the paper just to get it out there, but typically those are your price shoppers, calling everyone and thier brother.
__________________
Alternative Landscaping, Inc
St Clair Shores
(586)774-7777
Reply With Quote
  #16894  
Old 03-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Watson's Landscaping Watson's Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chesterfield, Michigan
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
Really, what areas r u hitting, so I can avoid it. I'm going to do some flyers on Tuesday next week. Mostly north chesterfield/Macomb area. Suppose to be sunny an 60. Good day for them. I don't plan on cutting till end of April. Grass is still dormant and won't recover in 4-5 weeks.
24 mile south, off of north ave/card/plank...

Clean ups are going to be tarping and blowing, gutters, we have some island work in an HOA, tree staking cause who ever planted them didn't and now there leaning. Some stone jobs and mulch on commerical sites. The door hangers are being done by yellow book, 10k printed and hung on doors for 430$ had to do there months (30k door hangers) to the top house hold incomes in the north east section of macomb.


I know I'm kind of getting started early but I'm bored out of my mind, if I can get theses little jobs out if the way spring cutting will be that much easier
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16895  
Old 03-09-2012, 12:33 PM
LawncareAmericaLLC's Avatar
LawncareAmericaLLC LawncareAmericaLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: casco,Michigan
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative View Post
agree- way too early to start cleanups unless your just blowing and tarping, but whats the point- i can knock out spring cleanups w/ the first cut since they are generally nothing but a few leaves(if a proper fall cleanup was done)..i also agree that people generally dont start to think lawn until its actually warm consistently or the grass starts to green up a bit. April is the time when people really start to respond to any ad...but hey, if its working for you great-but 6 calls on how many flyers? if its 10k, thats not a good return. If its 600 then youre doing good.

I personally dont get all anxious to start with the gotta rush to be the first one out working mind set goin these days.. I rarely advertise, I run a small ad occasionally in spring in the paper just to get it out there, but typically those are your price shoppers, calling everyone and thier brother.
Agreed, but I always get nervous when I hear guys already getting jobs or calls so early. Feel like im not doing enough. My phone hasn't rang much for new work just old clients wanting the same things done for spring. Always feel like I'm the last one to do things. Oh well, it is what it is. But it is way to early to start clean ups or any lawn work.
__________________
A lawnboy & Broom.
Reply With Quote
  #16896  
Old 03-09-2012, 12:37 PM
LawncareAmericaLLC's Avatar
LawncareAmericaLLC LawncareAmericaLLC is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: casco,Michigan
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson's Landscaping View Post
24 mile south, off of north ave/card/plank...

Clean ups are going to be tarping and blowing, gutters, we have some island work in an HOA, tree staking cause who ever planted them didn't and now there leaning. Some stone jobs and mulch on commerical sites. The door hangers are being done by yellow book, 10k printed and hung on doors for 430$ had to do there months (30k door hangers) to the top house hold incomes in the north east section of macomb.


I know I'm kind of getting started early but I'm bored out of my mind, if I can get theses little jobs out if the way spring cutting will be that much easier
Posted via Mobile Device
It that 430 a month or for the whole 30k? Stay away from my deerfields subs on 23 an card. Lol have a lot of homes in that area.jk
__________________
A lawnboy & Broom.
Reply With Quote
  #16897  
Old 03-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Mike's Lawn & Snow's Avatar
Mike's Lawn & Snow Mike's Lawn & Snow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: St. Clair Shores MI
Posts: 362
I think he's saying 430 for 10 thousand....if that is the case that is a heck of a price. I just paid 390 for 2k doorhangers with design. And that doesnt include delivery.
Reply With Quote
  #16898  
Old 03-09-2012, 03:42 PM
alternative's Avatar
alternative alternative is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: St Clair Shores
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn & Snow View Post
I think he's saying 430 for 10 thousand....if that is the case that is a heck of a price. I just paid 390 for 2k doorhangers with design. And that doesnt include delivery.
they end up in the bushes or in the garbage can
__________________
Alternative Landscaping, Inc
St Clair Shores
(586)774-7777
Reply With Quote
  #16899  
Old 03-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Watson's Landscaping Watson's Landscaping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chesterfield, Michigan
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
It that 430 a month or for the whole 30k? Stay away from my deerfields subs on 23 an card. Lol have a lot of homes in that area.jk
430 per 10k delivered....theses are from yellow book theres a total of 29 companies on the door hanger there effin huge. Only one company kind, so no other landscapers.

I saw the deerfield sub didnt go in though...did get yelled at by a mail lady about flyers in the flags...lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16900  
Old 03-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Mike's Lawn & Snow's Avatar
Mike's Lawn & Snow Mike's Lawn & Snow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: St. Clair Shores MI
Posts: 362
Oh I thought they were individual door hanger advertising your company only. Not sure how i feel about one huge doorhanger but for the price I guess it's worth a shot! Good luck
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alternative landscaping

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.18112 seconds with 8 queries