Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-13-2012, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC669 View Post
Followed my own advice and took a day off from Lawnsite while I worked at my rental property and parents properties. Yards look excellent I might add, now for the ride home. I'm quite sure MSP will be out in force today doing their jobs! Truck is under 10,000lbs had it weighed a couple of days ago. Everything else is up to snuff (mowers secured with Pro Lockers and cabled for addition layer of protection and security). Should be an uneventful ride home.
Doesn't matter if your truck and trailer weighs under 10k. It is the combined GVWR of the two.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffdeer View Post
Doesn't matter if your truck and trailer weighs under 10k. It is the combined GVWR of the two.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep! And I think the Nissan Titan has a 9500lb tow capacity which easily puts it in the chauffer license/med card category with a trailer...
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to see lawnsite is up and at it again. So who's this new guy trying to tell us he doesnt need DOT numbers. Between mowers, trailer, whips, blowers, and the truck it self he'll be over 10k in no time. Hell just my truck stickers at 10,800lbs and with all the stone work ive done this spring I've been weighing in around 18 to 20k lbs with the dump trailer. But what do I know I'm just a landscaper
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Followed my own advice and took a day off from Lawnsite while I worked at my rental property and parents properties. Yards look excellent I might add, now for the ride home. I'm quite sure MSP will be out in force today doing their jobs! Truck is under 10,000lbs had it weighed a couple of days ago. Everything else is up to snuff (mowers secured with Pro Lockers and cabled for addition layer of protection and security). Should be an uneventful ride home.
Did i miss something? Why are you telling us your every move again?!?!?

EDIT:
looks like Watson and I were thinking the same thing when we posted.

PM For DETAILS!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
the root goes back to the fact that your a "for hire" commercial business. Dont sit here and lie out of your teeth when we can all go back and read your posts about clients not paying, thinking about buying a box truck etc.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well hopefully this new bill goes into force and we can all pull dot numbers off trucks and maybe not drive in fear of getting pulled over for 2 hours while they find something wrong.

I seen a lawn company yesterday driving a box truck pulling a 14' trailer mowers were sideways and all jacked up because they were not strapped down.

These laws are not all bad but I wish they wouldn't turn local weigh master into intrastate laws
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2012, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningllc View Post
Well hopefully this new bill goes into force and we can all pull dot numbers off trucks and maybe not drive in fear of getting pulled over for 2 hours while they find something wrong.

I seen a lawn company yesterday driving a box truck pulling a 14' trailer mowers were sideways and all jacked up because they were not strapped down.

These laws are not all bad but I wish they wouldn't turn local weigh master into intrastate laws
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes the laws are here for everyones protection, they are needed but to feel targeted for revenue is not right.
Snow removal- commercial and residential
www.terraprolandscape.com
Equipment list- A bucket and some pruners.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This new bill is going to be a double edged sword. It will be nice not having the fines and such but it will allow more fly by nighters to swoop in
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-14-2012, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bln View Post
This new bill is going to be a double edged sword. It will be nice not having the fines and such but it will allow more fly by nighters to swoop in
Posted via Mobile Device
Unfortunately, they're already here in droves, small trailer, single mower, no signs, no DOT, no insurance, no tax ID and collecting Unemployment Insurance.

The regulations need to pertain to everybody, not just small business owners. A poorly secured load can kill somebody, even if it is being towed by a homeowner. A dangerous truck is a dangerous truck. I'm actually not opposed to annual inspections for older vehicles as long as they inspect all vehicles, not just vehicles used for business purposes.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's the last thing we need. We need less government intrusion into our lives not more. Does anyone remember when we had emission inspections? What a scam that was.

Tags
alternative landscaping