Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2013, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have one client who uses Tru Green. Most of the rest use a local company.

The tru green lawn has been burned on more than one occasion, theyve already done an app this year, and I think the first thing they teach the techs is to blame any problems on cut height. Three times now, when my client makes a complaint to them, they blame my cut height, so I've showed her with a tape measure that I'm cutting at 3.75". Her lawn always has weeds in it too.

The lawns treated by the local company have none of these issues.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-25-2013, 04:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoors_Unlimited View Post
I have one client who uses Tru Green. Most of the rest use a local company.

The tru green lawn has been burned on more than one occasion, theyve already done an app this year, and I think the first thing they teach the techs is to blame any problems on cut height. Three times now, when my client makes a complaint to them, they blame my cut height, so I've showed her with a tape measure that I'm cutting at 3.75". Her lawn always has weeds in it too.

The lawns treated by the local company have none of these issues.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ive heard the same bs line from TG guys..."your lawn service is cutting too low", they even leave a postcard with a ruler on it.... Nice, I know what im doing and maybe if they used a little more chemical in their water solution they wouldnt have too many weeds..
Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Member

That's odd, because I don't seem to have any complaints from the customers that I mow and treat through Trugreen. Everyone is quick to jump and say that Trugreen blames the mowers but yet here we are listening to everyone quickly jump and blame Trugreen.

You also claim that Trugreen is out to just "Make a Buck" but yet once again, I see several posts on here where the mowers are dieing to get out there and "Find Something to do". I was under the impression that site was for us companies to support each other and not tear each other down but I guess I was wrong.
I'm pretty sure that if you were really concerned about your customers as you claim you are, then you would be more willing to work "with" Trugreen instead of tearing them down.

I personally have never EVER accused a mower of anything they were not guilty of. I actually take the time to investigate the condition and inform the customer of what is truly wrong. If it happens to be that the mower is mowing too short, hen yes, that is what I inform the customer of.

Blaming each other doesn't help the customer, and isn't that why we are truly here, for the customer. I highly suggest that you get off your high horse and off your mower every once in a while and actually take the time to see what the problem is instead of just saying that Trugreen doesn't apply the application properly. I have been doing this for 13 years now and the funny part is, the ones who accuse us of "Running and Gunning", are often the ones who are blazing through the property themselves.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Member

I thought you said you don't mow?...

44' Toro Prolline
36' Cub Cadet
Redmax EBZ 8000
Shindaiwa C2510
Tarps up the wazo
wheelbarrow
Mulch Shovel
Rakes ect

Wishlist: 2005 Silverado 2500 HD
BOSS 7'6" POWER-V STEEL BLADE
2Stage Snow Blower (I have to think of a loading system because these things are HEAVY)

~Entrepreneurship has provided me with a avenue to make money when corporate America hasn't.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Talents Lawn Care View Post
Hey, Lawns4life, I am a commercial technician for Trugreen. We don't do any mowing. I deal with several mowing companies with both residential and commercial. Let me know if your still looking for someone. I can get you a great deal and take care of your customers.
Why are you applying fert. at this time of the season. I have seen TG applicators applying material for over a week now.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
But its not really up to you...... its up to the branch or corprate to dictate what and when its getting put down.

Can you explain why your tru-green co workers were out close to a month ago all ready putting down the first app? over snow and across the standing water? in case they didnt know the ground is still frozen?

We dont doubt you can do good work, its the company in general that forces you guys to to shaddy work.
Hey Hidden Talents, were still waiting for an answer why you have been putting down fert. so early this year, and what does the customer benefit from this early service.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26 View Post
I thought you said you don't mow?...
I never said I don't mow. I said Trugreen doesn't mow and if you read further, I said that I have a mowing company myself.

Last edited by Hidden Talents Lawn Care; 03-25-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss75 View Post
Hey Hidden Talents, were still waiting for an answer why you have been putting down fert. so early this year, and what does the customer benefit from this early service.
I already replied to this when I said " I have not applied a drop of fertilizer to any of my commercial customers or any of the customers that I am sub-contracted to do through other landscapers". I am in complete control of when I get started and what I apply to my customers lawns. I wasn't planning on getting started until Tuesday but I am putting it off. The current 4" soil temperature is 32 degrees as of today so guess what guys, the lawns will begin growing in a couple days when the temps go up.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was just digging for a electrical line next to the shop and have 6" thick chunks of frost coming out. Mud on top and frost below it. I am on the shade side so factor that in.....
Old 03-25-2013, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Your local soil temps can be checked here.

http://www.agweather.geo.msu.edu/mawn/

Tags
alternative landscaping