Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2013, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Grass is growing like crazy over here. Leaves are very slow falling. No official killing frost and according to the local weather guy the lake is too warm to give us any cold temps for quite some time. AND it will give us lake effect rain instead of snow. Which is a good thing.
Dont get me wrong, the ones on todays route are still growing good. The mow and gos I was on yesterday though were spotty at best to find much growth. Only reason I was throwing grass was because I had dropped the deck.

www.Outdoors-Unlimited.net

www.facebook.com/Outdoors.Unlimited
Old 10-17-2013, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Most of my lawns are still green and growing fast. I'm planning on cutting them all next week, skip as needed the week of the 21st, and then do final cuts on everything the first week of November. From what I can remember, my final cuts the last two years have been the first week of November also.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawns4life View Post
Most of my lawns are still green and growing fast. I'm planning on cutting them all next week, skip as needed the week of the 21st, and then do final cuts on everything the first week of November. From what I can remember, my final cuts the last two years have been the first week of November also.
My mow and gos are slowing rapidly,but my maintained lawns are growing good. Im cutting everything next week, with a dropped deck, then im going into cleanup mode. Most of my properties get two cleanups per fall. Got most of my gardens done, time to start my cleanups we do 3 a year on. Im ready for some leaf money!

www.Outdoors-Unlimited.net

www.facebook.com/Outdoors.Unlimited
Old 10-19-2013, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi Guys
Anybody looking for a leaf loader? I have a older Billy Goat with a year old 8HP Briggs on it. The intake hose is only a year old. Im closing the doors, don't need it anymore. Looking for $700.00 or BO. Will post pictures tomorrow. Its the older orange colored BG. 248-431-6443

Mike
Old 10-22-2013, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Ive got a coxreels hose reel that is electric rewind. We used it for 4 seasons for sprinkler blowouts but took it off of the compressor we got rid of this year. It has around 300' of 1/2 4000psi rated hose on it. The reel model number is 1125-4-500. if you are interested pm me an offer.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2013, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any contacts at Exmark? Preferably a sales rep.

www.ProTurfLawnServiceLLC.com
Old 10-29-2013, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Truck for sale http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=414734
Old 11-03-2013, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoors_Unlimited View Post
So what're you guys thinking?? Done mowing next week once the decks get dropped one more time?? Im sick of skipping em already......and this was the first real week with skips, and most I was getting grass only because I had dropped a notch today.

Thinking next week I will mow EVERYTHING I plan on keeping one more time, give them final invoices for the mowing and go into full on leaves. Im ready, having a schedule is starting to suck, Id rather just have a list of to dos.
I just did my last 'Scheduled" mowing today (November 3rd). I still have a few more customers that want me to mow through November but for the rest of them, they are all done. I started Fall Clean ups and Pruning last week as the majority of the lawns have stopped growing and the leaves started falling heavy during last weeks storm.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Bad customer in Farmington Hills. Carl Solvia. Cut his lawn for a month and a half and refuses to pay. Watch out for this guy. He is a real nut job.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2013, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Who else is extremely frustrated that we basically had 2 weeks to get final cleanups done before we hit freezing weather? I was mowing grass the first week of this month for regulars... I still have some final mowing to do for my not so regulars........

Tags
alternative landscaping