Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Who else is extremely frustrated that we basically had 2 weeks to get final cleanups done before we hit freezing weather? I was mowing grass the first week of this month for regulars... I still have some final mowing to do for my not so regulars........
It is a crazy year for weather. I expected to be done mowing the first week of November but just wrapped up two weeks ago. I have been working on some fall clean-ups for a few weeks starting with the ones who lost their leaves first. I still have a good weeks worth of clean-ups to do though.

You should be cautious with the final mowings though because the lawns are pretty frozen and damage is likely.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Talents Lawn Care View Post
It is a crazy year for weather. I expected to be done mowing the first week of November but just wrapped up two weeks ago. I have been working on some fall clean-ups for a few weeks starting with the ones who lost their leaves first. I still have a good weeks worth of clean-ups to do though.

You should be cautious with the final mowings though because the lawns are pretty frozen and damage is likely.
its going to be between 30-35 for the highs now. I was going to wait for the warmer days to do final mowing
Old 11-25-2013, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
Who else is extremely frustrated that we basically had 2 weeks to get final cleanups done before we hit freezing weather? I was mowing grass the first week of this month for regulars... I still have some final mowing to do for my not so regulars........
Most definitely.

I was planning on sending a crew out today, but apparently the snow is going to get in the way. Try for later this week or next week I guess.

I was salting Saturday and there were guys out mowing\doing cleanups. Didn't look pretty.

This has been the longest leaf drop\fall cleanup season I can remember. Between slow drops and rain 1-2 days every week turning lawns into swamps, it has been ridiculous.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Most definitely.

I was planning on sending a crew out today, but apparently the snow is going to get in the way. Try for later this week or next week I guess.

I was salting Saturday and there were guys out mowing\doing cleanups. Didn't look pretty.

This has been the longest leaf drop\fall cleanup season I can remember. Between slow drops and rain 1-2 days every week turning lawns into swamps, it has been ridiculous.
I salted 2 mondays ago when we had that rain, but i didn't both because all that snow blew off. I have about a dozen cleanups left. I am soooooooooooo glad I didn't take new cleanup customers this fall.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Most definitely.

I also have a few cleanups to finish out the season, but the leaves are still on the trees, especially the pears. Saw a LCO out this morning attempting to do a cleanup.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 01-27-2014, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rise and shine its almost mowing time ,not yet its still snowing lol
Old 01-27-2014, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

One could only wish
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2014, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Man I'm dying to get back out there. It needs to go about another 80 degrees in the other direction.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2014, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got a new mini ex being delivered next week and can't wait to start pumping out some patios and landscapes ,I want this 2014 to be be a solid smooth and profitable year.no need for lots of new customers just good ones for now on.and let's all start getting these prices up ,there is plenty of work to go around.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmaster06 View Post
I got a new mini ex being delivered next week and can't wait to start pumping out some patios and landscapes ,I want this 2014 to be be a solid smooth and profitable year.no need for lots of new customers just good ones for now on.and let's all start getting these prices up ,there is plenty of work to go around.
I know they'll always be there, but the less "$15 Lawn Cut" fliers I see, the better.

Equipment/Work

Tags
alternative landscaping