Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-28-2014, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREWS SNOWPLOWING & SER View Post
Anyone from around the GR area? I have been bidding on jobs and keep hearing, "You are much higher than so and so". I know we all have different overhead costs. But it just seems like that is all I am hearing. Don't get me wrong, I am not a low baller. Sure I'll bend here and there a little, but for the right reasons. I have a decent amount of work, but can always use more. I know someone will say it and I know I can not base my cost off of what someone else is able to charge. But I don't what to be bidding on jobs at $100.00/hr when the going rate is $80.00/hr(example only). Have I missed something? I thought $35-40/hr was the going rate for lawn care. Any feed back is helpful.
Prices are stupid low. Not much else to be said. I can't believe what some of this work is going for.

I like my guns like Obama likes his voters: Undocumented

Criminals obey gun laws like politicians follow their oaths of office
Old 07-28-2014, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDREWS SNOWPLOWING & SER View Post
Anyone from around the GR area? I have been bidding on jobs and keep hearing, "You are much higher than so and so". I know we all have different overhead costs. But it just seems like that is all I am hearing. Don't get me wrong, I am not a low baller. Sure I'll bend here and there a little, but for the right reasons. I have a decent amount of work, but can always use more. I know someone will say it and I know I can not base my cost off of what someone else is able to charge. But I don't what to be bidding on jobs at $100.00/hr when the going rate is $80.00/hr(example only). Have I missed something? I thought $35-40/hr was the going rate for lawn care. Any feed back is helpful.
$35-40 is low, but it may be what the going rate is in your area. Prices have yet to fully rebound from the recession of '08, but are getting better. Most of the guys that lost jobs in the recession, had a truck and mower, and thought mowing was easy money are pretty much gone around me. I've been turning down work this year.

If you like the job Granholm is doing for Michigan, you'll love the job Obama will do for the U.S.

“The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.” Winston Churchill
Old 08-14-2014, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I am seeing maple leaves turning red..... Anyone else getting nervous?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-27-2014, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Member

We made the paper last week. Thought u guys might interested in seeing the article http://www.mlive.com/business/ann-ar...m_student.html
Old 08-27-2014, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCINC View Post
We made the paper last week. Thought u guys might interested in seeing the article http://www.mlive.com/business/ann-ar...m_student.html
Nice story. I am always impressed when people can manage growth of that magnitude. Must be the EMU credentials!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-30-2014, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCINC View Post
How in the hell do you find 40 decent employees? I've had so much bad luck trying to find good employees myself.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-06-2014, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Question, Is it true that you need a CDL for a 2500 truck pulling a tandem axle trailer. What I've found on the net is you don't but theres a new law thats not on the net yet. I have a chauffer's but CDL i cannot get, diabetic. thanks
Old 09-07-2014, 02:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamtheGreen View Post
Question, Is it true that you need a CDL for a 2500 truck pulling a tandem axle trailer. What I've found on the net is you don't but theres a new law thats not on the net yet. I have a chauffer's but CDL i cannot get, diabetic. thanks
No, as long as your total gvw is under 26000lbs
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2014, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

do we have any pesticide guys in the Lansing region?

Tags
alternative landscaping