Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2005, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I will be in Novi today, I heard all this talk about the Fountain Walk, so I went to their website and it looks pretty sweet. My girlfriend and I are gonna check it out. I heard from a few people (not on this site) that Lucky's is where its at
Old 02-05-2005, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i heard nebs is too expensive.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I like how they back their products and services. It was only expensive the first time due to the one time fee to use my own logo.

Groundcover, check your PM. Call me today if you are interested in the light bar. I will bring it with me just in case.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Member

If ya'll are checking for shirts locally my friend works at advanced printwearin Madison Hts. I was talking to her yesterday and she was saying something like $6 a shirt. Pretty cheap. If anyone is interested I'll post the #. The Min order I think she said was 12.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

scott, i wish you told me that last week....a bit too late for me.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have a question....i think i need boots for work (part time)....i have been using sneakers until now and have been pretty happy...but after readin on here that everyone has a RedWing shoes, it makes me wanna get some too.

I really dont know if i need them. but since i am due for a newer pair of sneakers (curent ones are falling apart), i was thinking to get a pair of boots instead.

here are the questions...

1. as a part timer, DO I need them?
2. Where can i get them (online or offline)?
3. Is it hot in the summer months?
Old 02-05-2005, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i wear steal toe Timberlands and i ussually encourage all of my emplyees to get steel toed

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 02-06-2005, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have not gotten any hits on the truck come on folks! let your friends and relatives know!!!! this would be a great starter truck for anyone! or a good sales truck low gas milage, COLD ac (bbbbrrrrr) CD player tinted windows (so no one knows whos coming) air bag for when you hit thoughs trees. tanoue (i could not spell that if my life depended on it) cover. AND best of all I will let you keep any change you find in the car. that could nock like almost $2 OFF THE PRICE. YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT! come take it for a test drive. it is just sitting at my shop calling your name.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

short story,
So my friend works for Salme township fire department (volunteer to be percice). Well we were working on his jeep. Installing a siren and strobs, in the end it worked but had a few minor gliches. So he took it to a place called Priority one emergency equipment. They fixed it up at a vary resonable price and they do some great work. So if any of you guys are looking to get some lighting done on your trucks I highly recomend them. I acctualy took my semi over there and they are working up and estimate to but around 8 generation 3 LED lights on it. When i get it done there is no way people will not see me when I am forced to bolck a lane of traffic!!! the gen three LED's are amazing they are so bright. we took them outside in the middle of the day and the further away you get from them the brighter they are. When i get them done you all will have to check them out!!!!!
Old 02-06-2005, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wearing boots all day makes my feet hurt. I've got problems with achilles tendonitits and plantar fascitis. So I wear a pair of reebox walking shoes. I always buy the same pair and add in some arch supports as well. If it rains, I wear boots. But I prefer to wear the walking shoes. I go through about a pair a month.

Tags
alternative landscaping