Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-08-2005, 11:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well see as my bookeeper is located in Grand Rapids I send and recive fax's almost every day durring the spring. pluse my vendors and clients use fax's alot.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

What kind of drivers licenses does everyone have? I ask because LONG long ago, the only time I was ever pulled over by a cop, they told me I had to have a chauffer's license. I never bothered to get one, although it did look like I had to have one. I had to renew my license 2 weeks ago, so I took the chauffer's test while I was there. It was very easy, i downloaded the info off the website and looked it over a couple times before I took the test. Only missed one or two questions. So now i guess my butt is covered in that area.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundcover Solutions
Land lines are cheaper than cable pluse how do you send and recive fax's over a cable modem? pluse i use the land line phone as a main biz phone forwarded to my cell. This you can tell what numbers are cell so we wanted to give the image (not that it is not true) that we are an established business that is going to be around. JMO I hope this dose not open up a can of worms.
Matt this is very true,also I'll take a land line any day to conduct my banking and financial issues.Land lines are for the established professional and are a necessity in the business world.Yes cells are important as well but I wouldn't give my SS number over one...JMO
Old 02-09-2005, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdman
What kind of drivers licenses does everyone have? I ask because LONG long ago, the only time I was ever pulled over by a cop, they told me I had to have a chauffer's license. I never bothered to get one, although it did look like I had to have one. I had to renew my license 2 weeks ago, so I took the chauffer's test while I was there. It was very easy, i downloaded the info off the website and looked it over a couple times before I took the test. Only missed one or two questions. So now i guess my butt is covered in that area.
tom, why do you need a chauffer's license? i can see a commercial truck license, but chauffer's??
Old 02-09-2005, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I believe you have to have a chauffers license if the gross weight of the truck and loaded trailer are over 10,000lbs.
Not positive on that though. I too was pulled over and told that. But I looked it up. Plus with the chauffers license you need a medical card too. Bunch of bulls*@t if ya ask me.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tight Angles, What kind of amp did you put in your truck with those MTX 10's. I'm looking at upgrading my system in my quadcab Dodge. I'm running Mtx 8's and a Mtx amp right now.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

why do you need a chauffer's license?

Any time you are driving a commercial car/truck or using it for business you need to have one. If you are driving a vehicle with lettering on it ( company logo) you have to have one. They are so easy to get

Rich
Old 02-09-2005, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

tom or anyone else...can you guys forward me the link where you got the materials from? in this case, i might need one too.

do you guys have commercial licenses? how hard are they to get? do you need to have them?
Old 02-09-2005, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just sold my ranger and am about to head out the door for Indiana!!! I got exactly what I wanted for it 1800 and now I am going to pick up my us cargo trailer!!!!!!!!!! man am i in a good mood. Oh and don't tell my criminal justiace teacher but I am not really sick!!!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tight Angles
on both trailers
1. The trimmer racks hold four wips or edgers, are spring loaded and real easy to use.
2. double axle, the red one has brakes
3. I just spent $250 repairing the black one with bran new gate, lights, and other mics. stuff.
4. I would like get around $500 for each
just wondering if i could come out sometime and take a look at the 2 open trailers you have for sale...i think i might be very interested in the black one and i belive my cousin would be interested in the red one possibly.....let me know, im sure you are out plowing or salting now but let me know and maybe we can do something later this week or this weekend

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Tags
alternative landscaping