Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2005, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its just a remulch theres already some down he just wants it to look nice cause i think it is a modle house i should get away with doing about 1 1/2 to 2 inchs. So u say get the kid with the semi. maybe if i get the big one.
2 Exmark XS 66'' Diesel
JD 3520 Laoder and 72'' Landpride
Old 03-11-2005, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Got a question , I bout my new Lazer a weke ago now and am going to pick it up on thursday. Ok, first, right now I had them put the full suspension seat on it and the multching kit. Do you think it is worth it to get the striping kit also. I have a Metro hp right now without one. Does the Z do good enough without it.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

then order very little.....if you just have to spread some over the top. or as i said earlier, call lesco, ask them how much is the color that you can spray. non toxis
Old 03-11-2005, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i'd not have gotten the suspension seat if it's extra...it's too expensive.

also, get the striping kit later...see how it stripes by itself. dont spend the $300 right now. some stripe great without it...jsut ask Expert. mine stripes like crap.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

did you guys know that we are the most active among the Networking forums?

we have 2,743 posts and 42,295 views...and just think....with so much blabbering, i probably am accountable for 2000 of those posts...
Old 03-11-2005, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedeman
I went out tonight and salted 3 places. I figure that I will go out again tomorrow morning to check up on everything

We received about 1 1/2 inches, and it's like a very fine dusting going on right now. Probably will have a total of 2 inches come morning, and then maybe another inch by noon the forecast says.

I need to start unloading my salt though. I have a lot, and I don't want to be stuck with any come summer. Last year I had about 17 bags left, and I want to only have like 3 bags of less left.
We got about 2" here by 3 am too. Had to do some wimpy plowing, so light just had to use 2 wheel drive. Salted everything down good, Now a need a good nap
You may just get rid of that salt, 1-2" more tonight, ditto of last, easy dough
Old 03-11-2005, 01:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yup I agree,salting is easy money.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

That was easy money today. By the time I was done, it was already mostly melted anywho. Almost feel bad about it. I sorta hope we get another 2 inches tonight just like it.

Gas this morning was $2.19 in some spots. What the hell?
Old 03-11-2005, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys, this forum is just a rolling. Hey George, the $25 hour is way too low. I charge $35 an hour per man plus tack on hour for going to the dump for every job. Spreading mulch charge $75 hour that includes mulch price and you doing it. Don't underbid yourself. I've run into this alot last couple days with gaining new clients and they want there lawn cut for $20 and its a $30 job. Lowballers beware!

Sounds lie everyone is ready to put the work clothes on and jump right in. I'm ready. I've landed many new jobs from flyers and wondering how I'm going to get them done now. Oh well, think BIG!

It's suppose to be in the 40's end of next week.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Member

hey guys how is everyone doing! sorry I haven't been in awhile,I have been pretty busy setting up for spring and getting the buisness real. My accountant who is setting up the LLC tell me that it should be done on tuesday next week! Over much talk me and my parents decided that it would be best if they owned the biz till
I was 18 then they will give it to me to be exempt from some form of employment tax or something because I'm a family member. I have also been trying to get a daycare center near my home for regular mowing , and for some minor landscaping , so I might be asking in a few days after I get a few measurements and take a better look around if you think that my prices are in line! everyone have a safe weekend! -chris-

Tags
alternative landscaping