Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-18-2005, 10:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundcover Solutions
Ok sorry I had to go to school tonight!!!! Well the truck has two 100 gallon tankes which equales for all of you math people.... 200 gallons!!! We go through that in about 3 days it all depends our avarage mpg is 4.5 due to all the time the truck is sitting still and running at high rpm's. As far as go crazy about prices, well I get all my fuel at pacific pride locations they do not have prices at the pump so I have no clue what I am paying. The bill goes directly to my bookkeeper and then I get a monthly report with all costs from the past month so I only see combined totals for the month which includes my jeep, the truck, and equipment fuel.
do you know what kinda MPG you get just driving?
Just think if it was a gas engine...lol...you would probly be filling up daily.
how many gal.'s of oil in a change?.............(if ya know)
do you pay the fuel tax or do you have a permit?

*if you filled up at the truckstop near me..200gal.'s X 2.299/gal = $459.80..OUCH, i know your makin good $..but thats still gota suck..then again if you dont really see the total, i guess it might be dif.

thanks
Old 03-18-2005, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw
Shes realy good IMO..

Does she use the mouse or a pen tablet?
on that particular computer graphic just the mouse. We will be married 5 years in November, and I am still amazed by her work everyday
Old 03-18-2005, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tony,
I am not sure what it gets just driving next time I will look at the instant mpg reading, I am sure I have looked at it before I just don't remember. Not too sure on the oil either all I know is it is up in grand rapids getting all of that taken care of right now... I hope it comes back I have not seen my truck in almost a month!!!! Now hear is the thing with the fuel tax... I don't think this is leagal but sssshhhh (if you know how to make it legal let me know) Usualy every other fill up we put in the off road fuel. We have a card for highway fuel and then one for off road fuel. I am sure if I got stopped and they dipped my tank I would get a nice fine. But since we spend so much time not moving and burnning fuel I feel it is justified saves us a little on fuel though!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just checked my brife case for one of the past months Profit & Loss sheets that I get every month from my bookkeeper. But I did not have one, next time I am at the office I will look at let you guys know how much it costs for fuel for one month durring the busy season. If I remember correctly it is around 3,000 not sure though.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiedeman
on that particular computer graphic just the mouse. We will be married 5 years in November, and I am still amazed by her work everyday
she do it for a living?

my daughter loves to draw so i bought her a wacom (sp?) tablet, its pretty cool, and she loves it...but my friend thats good at drawing/art has trouble using it cuz hes used to looking down at the paper...they have ones that solve that prob. but their a little more then i wanted to spend for a "toy" for a 10 year old..

i think the coolist thing about the tablet is that it is pressure sensitive, so the harder you push the thicker/darker it is..
Old 03-18-2005, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundcover Solutions
Tony,
I am not sure what it gets just driving next time I will look at the instant mpg reading, I am sure I have looked at it before I just don't remember. Not too sure on the oil either all I know is it is up in grand rapids getting all of that taken care of right now... I hope it comes back I have not seen my truck in almost a month!!!! Now hear is the thing with the fuel tax... I don't think this is leagal but sssshhhh (if you know how to make it legal let me know) Usualy every other fill up we put in the off road fuel. We have a card for highway fuel and then one for off road fuel. I am sure if I got stopped and they dipped my tank I would get a nice fine. But since we spend so much time not moving and burnning fuel I feel it is justified saves us a little on fuel though!!!
what powers the blower?
the truck engine or something else. (i would guess at a PTO?)

I would be lying if i said i NEVER use O.R. Diesel, but dont usualy...but some of my equipment uses diesel so i do use off road for that...

If you have a permit you dont pay the fuel tax (which is already figured into the price at most places) you will pay it at some point (1/4LY i think) but it accualy wouldnt benifit you much now that i really thought about it.....but what miight be a idea, get a 3rd tank (possibly behind the cab) that is just off road that you can switch to at the job site, then you would only be paying the higher price for the drive 2 and from and you wouldnt have to worry about driving on the off road and getting a HUGE fine...just an idea..

also this would tell you individualy how much you spending to get to jobs and accualy do the job (the blower)

i forgot that the main benifit for the IFTA permit is for people who drive outa state too..(which im guessing you dont, or atleast not offten).

hope this help atleast some!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

in her spare time. The program she uses is Macromedia Freehand MX. She is trying to convince me into buying her the entire Macromedia Studio which is like $1200. I told her that I would get back to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw
she do it for a living?

my daughter loves to draw so i bought her a wacom (sp?) tablet, its pretty cool, and she loves it...but my friend thats good at drawing/art has trouble using it cuz hes used to looking down at the paper...they have ones that solve that prob. but their a little more then i wanted to spend for a "toy" for a 10 year old..

i think the coolist thing about the tablet is that it is pressure sensitive, so the harder you push the thicker/darker it is..
Old 03-18-2005, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some AWESOME work she does,any of it for sale??...
Old 03-18-2005, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLand
Some AWESOME work she does,any of it for sale??...
basically what happens is people come to her and ask her to do certain stuff for them. Basically freelance stuff is what she does. Does backgrounds for some animation companies once in a while, and some artwork for some publishing companies. She also has done portraits for people, stretches of peoples animals, murals, etc. She works with acrylics, pencil, computer graphics, chalks, etc.

Here is her email address if you are interested in anything
minapgp@canambordercrossing.com

here is her website with more examples of her work
www.canambordercrossing.com

Last edited by tiedeman; 03-18-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLand
Mark,Happy Birthday...and play safe tonight
Thank you very much. I'll do my best!!!

Tags
alternative landscaping