Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2005, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I have had one crapy day!!!!! So I go to the first place and when I am driving up I see there loader I laugh to my slef and drive on by. So then I go back into canton and I see this canton topsoil place on michigan ave. The guy says he has some soil and to pull around back. So I am putting the lift axel down and grabing some stuff on the other side of the truck when he starts loading. Well He is taking the stuff from an old pile that has been setting around all winter long!!!!!!!! So by now he has like 4 or 5 scupes in my truck wich is a little over 10 yards. I am yelling STOP STOP so finaly he stops and I climb up into the back of the truck. Yeah there are some big clupms of dirt that would never come out of my truck!! SO i am now mad then I look and I have support bars that go accross the top of my truck well He has hit every singal one and bent them pretty bad! So now I have bent bars and mud in the back of my truck!!!! EEERRRGGGG So I don't know what to do with this crap soil I have! If anyone wants some wet topsoil it is yours so now i need to get some good stuff and someone with a big enough loader that they are not goingt to murder my truck again!!!! SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Matt Did you try Fenton gravel??
Old 04-01-2005, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Top gun I wanted to try and find something local because fenton is almost an hour away I guess I should have just listened! live an lern but it looks as if I will be going there monday! I just have to find a place to get rid of this soil and not get charged for it.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundcover Solutions
Top gun I wanted to try and find something local because fenton is almost an hour away I guess I should have just listened! live an lern but it looks as if I will be going there monday! I just have to find a place to get rid of this soil and not get charged for it.
matt, i feel bad you are having all these problems....

i had a post on the last page i think with like 5-6 names of places really close to us...did you call ALL of them?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I called almost every one of them. the main issue is the loader for the smaller locations they just can't reach the top of my truck! a few places did not have 15 yards either! So I just have to find a large enough place that can load my truck and maybe let me dump off what I have on right now! But if any of you have a yard and want 10 yards of wet topsoil let me know!!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I just came back for lunch...

I have someone who wants 6, 5ft ties put in, he has them already, but needs them replaced because they rotted. I told him $400... I've never done this before. Is it as simple as taking out the old ones and plopping in the new ones?
Old 04-01-2005, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I called almost every one of them. the main issue is the loader for the smaller locations they just can't reach the top of my truck! a few places did not have 15 yards either! So I just have to find a large enough place that can load my truck and maybe let me dump off what I have on right now! But if any of you have a yard and want 10 yards of wet topsoil let me know!!!!
how many yards of soil do you need? the big 3 here just over the line have about 450 tons combined and I have a place for you to "blow yer load"

lol, I always wanted to say that on here
Old 04-01-2005, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Is it clean black dirt? Just wet and mudy. If so I may want it if it's free!
My Yard is washington twp. 26 mile Van Dyke area...
Then United Soil has a screen site at 27 mile and Vandyke, great soil there!

Last edited by Outdoor Services; 04-01-2005 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Out door it is screen topsoil but it is from last year and is wet. It looks fine other than it is all wet! So that might be an option if you want it it is yours.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Out door it is screen topsoil but it is from last year and is wet. It looks fine other than it is all wet! So that might be an option if you want it it is yours.
I'll take it no prob. Anytime for me is good, just not today cause I working on a few more lawn bids. I'll pm you my cell # and directions to the yard latter tonight.

Tags
alternative landscaping