Old 02-07-2006, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

snow?

possbly 2-3" still too early to tell.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriken
Pretty good sales on them right now, I saw and exact copy of mine for $699.00, I paid $999.00. Only difference was the color of paint. This is the one I bought. Cub Commercial.

I gotta tell you, I've had nothing but problems with mine. Heated handle bars didn't work. Blown fuse. Then the shute control that locks it in so you don't have to hold the handle broke. Headlights blew out, and then finally overheated and melted the plastic housing around the headlight. I had problems with the engine quitting on me several times. I wore through the shoes and scrape plate after 3 snowfalls. For as much as I paid, I wish I hadn't.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Toro Snow Comander

Faster Lighter Cheaper

I never understood the two stage blowers. Unless you live where it snows deep snow alot.

Demo one they drag you along jogging speed if the surface is smooth. I have two Comander's and one 3650. The Comander stays on course the 3650 you kind of have to man handle.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Member

just watched the news looks like they are saying 1-2 thurs. and maybe less than an inch on friday thats for metro but who knows. need it though $700 truck payment coming up fast again, with seems like no work.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not going to start anything but the majority of us work snow.The people who are new to the biz are easy to pick out because they are hurting for money.Snow is not guaranteed to happen so you need to have other means of money.We are doing mulch jobs already (until this past Saturdays storm) and doing clean ups and I have a part time job when we have no work.This is a rough snow season for sure but you must learn to adapt...
Old 02-08-2006, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLand
I'm not going to start anything but the majority of us work snow.The people who are new to the biz are easy to pick out because they are hurting for money.Snow is not guaranteed to happen so you need to have other means of money.We are doing mulch jobs already (until this past Saturdays storm) and doing clean ups and I have a part time job when we have no work.This is a rough snow season for sure but you must learn to adapt...

I was almost lynched when I told my employees we were going to do some cleanup's. All they want to do is sit on unemployment and only do snow removal. It kind of pisses me off. They get paid well in the summer up to $12 an hour for cutting grass thats $18 on overtime which can be over 20 hours a week of OT. I pay for there nextel's $70 mo each. 1000 min peek and one of my ding dongs still goes over on his minute's and expects me to pay. I caught this "ding dong" scamming unemployment (ME) by not claiming any wages. For every $1 I pay him he looses $.5 of unemployment. He got 10 weeks at full benefits. Three of which he was working 50 hour weeks. UIA was sent his earnings by me they are so unorganized it was entered on week 12. Government agency's suck. They are so under staffed / some of the employees are brain dead.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLand
I'm not going to start anything but the majority of us work snow.The people who are new to the biz are easy to pick out because they are hurting for money...

This is so true.. you just gotta learn to manage and go with the flow.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdman
I gotta tell you, I've had nothing but problems with mine. Heated handle bars didn't work. Blown fuse. Then the shute control that locks it in so you don't have to hold the handle broke. Headlights blew out, and then finally overheated and melted the plastic housing around the headlight. I had problems with the engine quitting on me several times. I wore through the shoes and scrape plate after 3 snowfalls. For as much as I paid, I wish I hadn't.
Mine does'nt have the heated handles, been great so far, But we probably don't use it as much as most people do.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Member

camland hope that wasn't geared towards me about running out of money, just got back from a 10 day cruise and spent more than expected so it would be nice to make some $$ before another truck payment goes by with barely using it. so as far as thinking i'm new, think again just new to this site. also my customers would be pissed if i started doing their mulch in feb.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrappler135
camland hope that wasn't geared towards me about running out of money, just got back from a 10 day cruise and spent more than expected so it would be nice to make some $$ before another truck payment goes by with barely using it. so as far as thinking i'm new, think again just new to this site. also my customers would be pissed if i started doing their mulch in feb.
Camlands comment wasnt geared towards anyone. so chill out man. Everyone does stuff different I guess, to each their own.

Tags
alternative landscaping