Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-14-2006, 03:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

If you're going to do an llc, get an attorney.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Watch out canton, just got a call from my old neighbor and he said last week there were already lawn maintenance flyers in his hood going for $16 a cut and these are all fenced in yards, must be some jr. high kid getting summer work or something.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdman
If you're going to do an llc, get an attorney.
WHY? That makes no since. Its only $50 if you go to lansing. Why spend $100's of dollars to have an attorney do the leg work for you, when its simple as driving an hour or two.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsDet
WHY? That makes no since. Its only $50 if you go to lansing. Why spend $100's of dollars to have an attorney do the leg work for you, when its simple as driving an hour or two.
Sure, filing is easy. But setting up the operating rules of the company is not. If you do it incorrectly, the level of protection that an LLC gives you could be lost. I read the operating rules my attorney set up to me, about 3 times, and there's no way I could have come up with all of the provisions and potentials he did. (And I'm not exactly stupid, I have a degree from UofM) Why? Because it's his job to do that kind of thing. Set your operating structure up wrong and a good attorney can come through and poke holes in it, prove you and your company is the same entity, and then you're held responsible personally for any liabilities your company incurs. IE personal injury, damage, etc. Then they come after your assets, not just your business. Part of the reason you turn LLC is because of the layers of protection it offers you. What's the point of doing that if you blow that protection at the start? Just to save a couple $100 that's tax deductible anyway?
Old 02-14-2006, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

anybody in need of a 32" WB....its a great machine almost brand new...looking to sell quick

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

make me an offer

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 02-14-2006, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys how do u figure out how much it costs u to run your mowers? i have a bobcat 219 with a 52" deck its got about 250 hours on it. how can i figure out what it costs me to run it
thanks
alex
2013 7x20 sur-track open trailer
2010 exmark lazer "x" series 60" 34hp
2011 exmark lazer "x" series 60" 29hp
2013 exmark lazer "s" series 60" 27hp
2013 exmark turf tracer "s" series 52" 20hp
2011 wright stander RH 52" 19hp
1013 exmark commerical 30" wb
honda push mower
(4) weed wips shindiawa,redmax,echo
(2) stick edgers shindiawa,redmax
(3)redmax 7001
sthil br 340
pluger aerator

230 lawns
Old 02-14-2006, 01:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowerboy04
hey guys how do u figure out how much it costs u to run your mowers? i have a bobcat 219 with a 52" deck its got about 250 hours on it. how can i figure out what it costs me to run it
thanks
alex
have you ever gone to a Profits Unlimited seminar?

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 02-14-2006, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

five star. i will offer $900 for your 32'' walkbehind. let me know
Old 02-14-2006, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Sure, filing is easy. But setting up the operating rules of the company is not. If you do it incorrectly, the level of protection that an LLC gives you could be lost. I read the operating rules my attorney set up to me, about 3 times, and there's no way I could have come up with all of the provisions and potentials he did. (And I'm not exactly stupid, I have a degree from UofM) Why? Because it's his job to do that kind of thing. Set your operating structure up wrong and a good attorney can come through and poke holes in it, prove you and your company is the same entity, and then you're held responsible personally for any liabilities your company incurs. IE personal injury, damage, etc. Then they come after your assets, not just your business. Part of the reason you turn LLC is because of the layers of protection it offers you. What's the point of doing that if you blow that protection at the start? Just to save a couple $100 that's tax deductible anyway?
Well said, mtd... lots of guys out there think its so easy to be inc. or llc.. it needs to be done correctly or it useless. I crack up when people do stupid things to save money.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
This is a very good post and is spot on as to why some of us choose to pay an attorney to set up our Corporation. There is more to it than a $50 form filed with the state.

Tags
alternative landscaping