Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-06-2004, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Doing great so far. I have been enjoying work and life ALOT more since going solo. I have been more selective with what work I take and I have been taking weekends off. It's great!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn boy pro- A chain stripping kit, how does that work, is this someting that is homemade, I may be interested, let me know!!
Pair of scissors
Broom and dustpan
lots of Misc equipment... too much to list!!

Looking for running or not running equip near GR MI.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't evan get me started on that Ford Rd. project!!! The city would not hlep us with the traffic issues... So we had a arrow board for one of the days but after that it was just some cones. We made some people mad to the point our contractor called and pulled us off the job untill we can staraightin out the traffic issues.... EEEERRR what a waste of time.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sailinstud420
Lawn boy pro- A chain stripping kit, how does that work, is this someting that is homemade, I may be interested, let me know!!
Check your Private Message Inbox man
Old 05-10-2004, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Business is going great so far and now with all this rain we've been getting it shall keep getting better . No major problems have came about ( well except for that rake incident ) lol. I have a question ofr ya's , I don't know how mant of you out there doin' this by yourselves like myself ,but I am thinking about hiring someone part-time , so I'm asking everyone for any info pro's and con's about this ??? Any advice would be great !! Thanks all
Old 05-11-2004, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Matt,
I've seen your truck pics, awesome setup you have there! Just curious as to how you got started in the biz? Is there a thread with yur story? You seem to be doing very well for yourself, and that's great. I am in the Canton/Plymouth/Ypsi/Ann Arbor area, and just starting out...but am looking for andy advice/tips. Thanks
Mike
Old 05-11-2004, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I started out in landscaping with a small mowing operation. My friend and I started it and slowly built it up. Soon we were getting into landscaping, we then moved away from mowing and focused mainly on landscaping. My friend decided to go to college and get his enagneering dagree. So he sold off the company and I sarted to focuse on my college career. While I was in college I started looking at the blower business. While looking into it some doors opened and I begain pursuing it more. We got our truck and the rest is now history. That is the short version of it. My advice is find something you like to do and then put everything you have into that. If you work hard and do the best job that you can you can go extremly far. that is just my 2 cents
Old 05-11-2004, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Groundcover Solutions
Well I started out in landscaping with a small mowing operation. My friend and I started it and slowly built it up. Soon we were getting into landscaping, we then moved away from mowing and focused mainly on landscaping. My friend decided to go to college and get his enagneering dagree. So he sold off the company and I sarted to focuse on my college career. While I was in college I started looking at the blower business. While looking into it some doors opened and I begain pursuing it more. We got our truck and the rest is now history. That is the short version of it. My advice is find something you like to do and then put everything you have into that. If you work hard and do the best job that you can you can go extremly far. that is just my 2 cents
Cool deal man! I'm glad your doing well! Interesting story as well. Thanks for the advice, I'll use it
Old 05-12-2004, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Member

bluebird overseeder

I have a bulebird overseeder that I would like to sell. How much is it worth? It is super clean, 5.5 honda eng. blades are in good shape. Davison, mi. area

nova385@yahoo.com
Old 05-12-2004, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have landed 10 new accounts in the last 2 weeks. Haven't even had time to get on lawnsite. With gas prices the way they are, I have had great luck in getting lawns next to each other (word of mouth, referrals) It is great. Hope everyone else is having a successful season too.

Tags
alternative landscaping