Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-11-2006, 08:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We start @ 7:00 every morning, and there was a light rain this morning, but nothing major. We just went ahead and cut our normal route all day long. Still ended up cutting about 60 houses, but no edging and a lot of blowing. The forcast calls for a lot of rain, so there is not much you can do. Just do your best or fall real far behind.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got feeling froggy when I got back, seen a break in the clouds, and went and did a few fert apps Had a few that I've been waiting for the right window to throw some Confront down on, and today was perfect, wet grass, and no heavy rain so far after the app. but more rain on the way in the next few days. Those weeds should be history.

This was an amazingly productive day considering all the rain.

Kevin
Old 05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I for one hope the rain holds of for tomorrow. I have about three days worth of work scheduled. Even if it is raining light, I'll work through it.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tight Angles
We start @ 7:00 every morning, and there was a light rain this morning, but nothing major. We just went ahead and cut our normal route all day long. Still ended up cutting about 60 houses, but no edging and a lot of blowing. The forcast calls for a lot of rain, so there is not much you can do. Just do your best or fall real far behind.
exactly....unless its pouring then im working....i guess its one advantage of haveing a fleet of dixies ....the excelent in the wet weather

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 05-12-2006, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

any one do work in ann arbor like right bordering the U of M campus....we have a chance to pick up quite a few smaller houses and aprtment complexes(about 42 from a managment company) out there....just wondering if anyone has ever worked in this area and can give me any insight as what to expect...

i know parking is horible....plan on getting a carrier rack like thee use for perma greens and just carrying a 36 hydro and all my whips edgers and blower in the bed of the truck.....plan on one guy maybe 2 if we get behind to handle these in a day....they are all within one mile of the campus borders so travel time is next to nothing.....some are 2-3 per stop even

havent seen them yet im going to check them out on monday....im hoping it can work out b/c there is a good chance for some renivations on some of the houses and snow and ice managment

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 05-12-2006, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Eric, Get ahold of MTDman he works in Ann Arbor...
Old 05-12-2006, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys can anybody tell me what type of an effect 4.10 gears would have on fuel mileage versus 3.73 Im looking at a new F250 XLT ext cab with 5.4 V8, 9200 GVWR, and 3.73 gear for $32,482. I just want to know want to know what you guys think overall for this truck. Will the 5.4 with 3.73 be strong enough for towing? What about plowing?

Last edited by Axl; 05-12-2006 at 07:22 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl
Hey guys can anybody tell me what type of an effect 4.10 gears would have on fuel mileage versus 3.73 Im looking at a new F250 XLT ext cab with 5.4 V8, 9200 GVWR, and 3.73 gear for $32,482. I just want to know want to know what you guys think overall for this truck. Will the 5.4 with 3.73 be strong enough for towing? What about plowing?
4.10 vs 3.73 should cost you about 1-2 mpg normal driving. It may actually do slightly better pulling a heavy trailer around short city trips though.

I would guess your fuel economy to be somewhere in the ballpark of 12 mpg.

Kevin
Old 05-12-2006, 10:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Kevin, I need all the help I can get because so that I make the right decision. I dont want to be kicking myself in the ass for the next 5years.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Member

man this rain is really killing me. Just curious but how far behind is everyone? My ratio of accounts behind schedule to total accounts is 15/53.

Tags
alternative landscaping