Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-15-2006, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeeping
wish I could hook that thing on my lazer!
Well, ain't nothin' you can't do with Hot Glue and Duct Tape
Old 06-15-2006, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
Well, ain't nothin' you can't do with Hot Glue and Duct Tape

Have you seriously ever tried to glue anything with hot glue besides macaroni noodles? That crap SUCKS. Now super glue... maybe

Kevin
Old 06-15-2006, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally some good news. As many of you know we had one of our trucks stolen along with the trailer and the equipment that was on it. No sign of the trailer or equipment (48" Metro HP Floating deck - 3 Shindaiwa T-270 whips, 3 Redmax 7001 blowers , 1 LE 260 Shindaiwa stick edger, 6.5HP Lawnboy, lots of tools, etc). BUT WE DID GET THE TRUCK BACK - and it still had my wallet in it! No battery, 2 blown tires and an empty tank - but otherwise fine (CD changer, radio and lots of other stuff still in it). Cops found it at Philip and Evanston in Detroit.
Since we got ripped off I've talked to about 2 dozen LCOs that have had their entire rigs (truck, trailer and equipment) stolen this year. This is really scary - it's happening everywhere from Detroit to Grosse Pointe to Westland to Shelby Twnsp. BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR STUFF!!! It's no longer a blower or trimmer that they get from you - it's your whole rig!! It's not long before these guys will just start taking the stuff at gunpoint (I talked to one LCO that did get carjacked for the whole rig last year).
BTW - we've been chasing down this Metro HP we lost - lots of friends on the street with big ears and eyes. No luck yet - but I did come in contact with some A-hole that had lots of stolen equipment and was selling the stuff near Van Dyke and Lynch. He didn't have my stuff but he did have someone's newer Exmark 48" Lazer HP with a Vac Trac that he sold for $3000. Yeah - that wasn't stolen - Hope that wasn't anyone's here on Lawnsite. Be safe guys and WATCH YOUR STUFF. Our stuff was stolen when a guy jumped in the truck when a guy was only 25 ft away (back turned while he stick edged a driveway).
Old 06-15-2006, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
Have you seriously ever tried to glue anything with hot glue besides macaroni noodles? That crap SUCKS. Now super glue... maybe

Kevin
Not if you use the right stuff. You can't buy the stuff from KMART and expect miracles. You gotta use the industrial stuff. Hot glue rocks.

P.S. I wish I would've had this attachment for that one job. We would have been in and out of that place in 20 minutes, seriously.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Not if you use the right stuff. You can't buy the stuff from KMART and expect miracles. You gotta use the industrial stuff. Hot glue rocks.

P.S. I wish I would've had this attachment for that one job. We would have been in and out of that place in 20 minutes, seriously.

I have extensive experience in industrial manufacturing applications, including but not limited to automotive.... and I have yet to recall one where hot glue was prominent, or even present for that matter. lol. Spray on glue, now thats another story... but it still wasnt hot. Sonic welding was gaining prominence when I left the industry, and co-injected plastics were becomming very common (i.e. the rubber grips on your toothbrush). Tell me what industry relies on hot glue, and where there is a supplier of industrial hot glue... and I MAY give it a second chance. But for the life of me I cannot think of one application that a better glue or method does not exist. The last time I remember seeing hot glue in action I was in kindergarten.

Kevin
Old 06-16-2006, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I have extensive experience in industrial manufacturing applications, including but not limited to automotive.... and I have yet to recall one where hot glue was prominent, or even present for that matter. lol. Spray on glue, now thats another story... but it still wasnt hot. Sonic welding was gaining prominence when I left the industry, and co-injected plastics were becomming very common (i.e. the rubber grips on your toothbrush). Tell me what industry relies on hot glue, and where there is a supplier of industrial hot glue... and I MAY give it a second chance. But for the life of me I cannot think of one application that a better glue or method does not exist. The last time I remember seeing hot glue in action I was in kindergarten.

Kevin
I thought you were a lawn jockey like the rest of us Lawn jockey with a PhD in glue

Uhm.. ok. Then I know who to call when I break something again.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

Kevin
Well on the hot glue story... when I was in plastic injection molding we did all interior panels for the sn-95 mustangs and behind all door, side and rear windows we had to HOT glue sound deading material and the beck of each. I don't know what kind or who it was from but let me tell you what , if you screwed up when putting it on you had to trash the panel cause it was stuck for good.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you smaller operations (not you macomb) are just banking this year? I've got work booked 6-days a week, I could work 7 but I'm forcing myself to take Sunday's off!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now we are going 6 and a half days a week I call the troops in at Noon on Sundays except today we all have off...
Old 06-18-2006, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I thought you were a lawn jockey like the rest of us Lawn jockey with a PhD in glue

Uhm.. ok. Then I know who to call when I break something again.
Certainly I am a lawn jockey, but I started out with 10 years experience in the plastics injection molding industry, 8 of which were spent doing field service work. We did mostly automotive tooling, but we did get other stuff from time to time, medical supplies, lawn chairs, garbage cans, oakley sunglasses, etc. etc.. I needed a break, so I started the lawn biz.

Kevin

Tags
alternative landscaping