Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-26-2006, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
I think it was 10 & Groesbeck area, I didnt see the story, but heard it second hand. I am going to get a GPS tracking system on my truck, and also going to get a CCW now. It'll be easier to catch these scums if they cant walk.

Kevin
We use Verizon Field Force Manager. No special equipment needed to track. Just a phone. Works pretty good too. I looked at a bunch of different systems and the Verizon system seems to be the biggest bang for the buck. As far as CCW... I'm with ya there. HK USP .40 Cal Compact
Old 06-26-2006, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED>>>Heres my story, In Sept. last year i leased this 05 F250 and since has given me nothing but trouble. Exhaust problems (in 3 times for that) Injector failed, and many little bugs that the dealer cant fix.
Well just this past Saturday on I-94 doin about 70mph, the engine hesitates for a second (like it cut out) then suddenly the wheels locked up and I lost control, skidding - almost hitting 3 other cars, and then the wall on the shoulder. Finally after steering on to the shoulder - Stopped, and basically had a panic attack, saw my life flash before my eyes. Sat for a couple minutes, then got out to look at the wheels and under the truck for any clues as to what had just happened. Nothing visible. So now what? I start up and stroll along the shoulder to the nearest exit the tow / haul light is flashing on and off... Drive about 30mph on a city road with my flashers on.. not but a 1/8 of a mile it locks up again and then frees up, and rolls. I am now freakin out. I pull into the nearest parking lot before it happens a third time, and now the Engine light is on and there is a ticking sound from near the fuse panel under the steering column. I park the thing and call ford roadside asssitance, but because its sat. the dealer is closed. So i tell them to pick it up on Mon at 6:00 from where i have it parked. And now its at the dealer. I think i have post traumatic stress. I am a wreck! I will never feel safe in that truck again. AND NEVER put my family in it. I could have died. I WANT OUT OF THIS LEASE.
The truck only has 4,800 miles on it . 2005 F250SD Gas
Any input would be appreciated.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraper69
I COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED>>>Heres my story, In Sept. last year i leased this 05 F250 and since has given me nothing but trouble. Exhaust problems (in 3 times for that) Injector failed, and many little bugs that the dealer cant fix.
Well just this past Saturday on I-94 doin about 70mph, the engine hesitates for a second (like it cut out) then suddenly the wheels locked up and I lost control, skidding - almost hitting 3 other cars, and then the wall on the shoulder. Finally after steering on to the shoulder - Stopped, and basically had a panic attack, saw my life flash before my eyes. Sat for a couple minutes, then got out to look at the wheels and under the truck for any clues as to what had just happened. Nothing visible. So now what? I start up and stroll along the shoulder to the nearest exit the tow / haul light is flashing on and off... Drive about 30mph on a city road with my flashers on.. not but a 1/8 of a mile it locks up again and then frees up, and rolls. I am now freakin out. I pull into the nearest parking lot before it happens a third time, and now the Engine light is on and there is a ticking sound from near the fuse panel under the steering column. I park the thing and call ford roadside asssitance, but because its sat. the dealer is closed. So i tell them to pick it up on Mon at 6:00 from where i have it parked. And now its at the dealer. I think i have post traumatic stress. I am a wreck! I will never feel safe in that truck again. AND NEVER put my family in it. I could have died. I WANT OUT OF THIS LEASE.
Sounds like your next truck will be a Chevy or a Dodge. In all seriousness, contact an attorney. The dealers usually will not start listening seriously until you do. That should be all the advice you need. I kind of know the feeling your going though though, I was rear ended one time at a red light by some moron that fell asleep at the wheel. I was a wreck for months after the crash. Even a car door slamming would make me jump and set my heart rate soaring. A horn could go off and do the same thing. Eventually I got over it, but I was a nervous wreck for awhile.

Kevin
Old 06-27-2006, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraper69
Sorry to say but the only way you'll get any response from Ford Corporate is to kil someone first (literally.) You can pursue the lemon law, but you have to document the same problem occuring more than once, and you having to go without a vehicle for a set amount of time or something like that. You'll have to call an attorney for all that, then if you find one that will represent your case, you'll spend some money chasing a ghost. Honestly, if you really want out, I'd say trade it in for something else. You'll take a loss, but a monetary one, and not your life. For the couple thousand you'll lose it's not worth the headache to pursue it against Ford. It could take years and more money just to say your right. If your interested in a Dodge, let me know and I'll give you our fleet ID. I can save you about $6K off whatever price you haggle with the dealer. Chrysler kicks back the $6K to the dealer so the dealer isn't out anything and they'll let you use our fleet code. It applies to any 06' or 07' Ram 2500/3500 regardless of options or drivetrain. Just let me know.

p.s. We have 4 05' F250 SD Diesel and never had a problem (knocking on wood) but the Ram with Cummins Diesel completely blows the Ford Powerstroke out of the water. It's night and day.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

p.s. We have 4 05' F250 SD Diesel and never had a problem (knocking on wood) but the Ram with Cummins Diesel completely blows the Ford Powerstroke out of the water. It's night and day.[/QUOTE]

Yup the dodge's will push the fords up the hill., but I have both brands also, like how the ford revs faster though.
Is that discount avaiable for a lease also?
Old 06-27-2006, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ford = Fk'ed over rebuilt dodge lol
Old 06-27-2006, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriken
p.s. We have 4 05' F250 SD Diesel and never had a problem (knocking on wood) but the Ram with Cummins Diesel completely blows the Ford Powerstroke out of the water. It's night and day.
Yup the dodge's will push the fords up the hill., but I have both brands also, like how the ford revs faster though.
Is that discount avaiable for a lease also?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the Dodge out revs too. Have you driven the new truck yet (new Cummin's that isn't Dodge branded?) Totally different from the old Cummins motor.

Yup, applies to leases. Go to a dealer, find your truck, haggle them down to their best price, and them tell them that you are a partner with Macomb Lawn and Snow Inc., and our Fleet ID is 005K0 and that the 07' Contract between Daimler Chrysler and Macomb Lawn and Snow is $6,000 off the selling price which DXC will pay to the dealer. If they give you a problem, I'll cal Chrysler and have them call your dealer.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
Is that discount avaiable for a lease also?
Nope, the Dodge out revs too. Have you driven the new truck yet (new Cummin's that isn't Dodge branded?) Totally different from the old Cummins motor.

Yup, applies to leases. Go to a dealer, find your truck, haggle them down to their best price, and them tell them that you are a partner with Macomb Lawn and Snow Inc., and our Fleet ID is 005K0 and that the 07' Contract between Daimler Chrysler and Macomb Lawn and Snow is $6,000 off the selling price which DXC will pay to the dealer. If they give you a problem, I'll cal Chrysler and have them call your dealer. [/QUOTE]
My dodge is a 05, ya it runs good.
I'm on a 4 yaer lease, but will be getting another one to lease, probably won't be till 5/07, so it will be awile, wish I would have known about this may 2005 I'm only going to lease for 2 years at a time.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
Sorry to say but the only way you'll get any response from Ford Corporate is to kil someone first (literally.) You can pursue the lemon law, but you have to document the same problem occuring more than once, and you having to go without a vehicle for a set amount of time or something like that. You'll have to call an attorney for all that, then if you find one that will represent your case, you'll spend some money chasing a ghost. Honestly, if you really want out, I'd say trade it in for something else. You'll take a loss, but a monetary one, and not your life. For the couple thousand you'll lose it's not worth the headache to pursue it against Ford. It could take years and more money just to say your right. If your interested in a Dodge, let me know and I'll give you our fleet ID. I can save you about $6K off whatever price you haggle with the dealer. Chrysler kicks back the $6K to the dealer so the dealer isn't out anything and they'll let you use our fleet code. It applies to any 06' or 07' Ram 2500/3500 regardless of options or drivetrain. Just let me know.

I think Im going to have to disagree, at least slightly. I dont think the lemon law would be neccessary here, this is a major safety issue that is potentially life threatening. There should be no need for this to happen twice. If your car caught on fire driving down the road because of an electrical short, they wouldnt make you do it again. Same kind of thing I think. If you could find enough people with similar problems, you could have a class action suit similar to the Exploder's. Even if not, they should either buy it back, or fix it. If they fix it, your pretty much screwed and will need to take the loss to trade in early. If they cant or wont fix it, I would sue at the very least to make them buy it back and compensate you for any lost use. The dealer is probably ignoring it to get it out of warranty and make it a billable repair. Dealerships hate big warranty repairs, they would rather have you come in for some stupid 5 minute fix.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
I think Im going to have to disagree, at least slightly. I dont think the lemon law would be neccessary here, this is a major safety issue that is potentially life threatening. There should be no need for this to happen twice. If your car caught on fire driving down the road because of an electrical short, they wouldnt make you do it again. Same kind of thing I think. If you could find enough people with similar problems, you could have a class action suit similar to the Exploder's. Even if not, they should either buy it back, or fix it. If they fix it, your pretty much screwed and will need to take the loss to trade in early. If they cant or wont fix it, I would sue at the very least to make them buy it back and compensate you for any lost use. The dealer is probably ignoring it to get it out of warranty and make it a billable repair. Dealerships hate big warranty repairs, they would rather have you come in for some stupid 5 minute fix.
Well, keep in mind that the whole "Explorer" thing wasn't really an "issue" until people started dying. Then it made the news, and all that happened at first was a bunch of finger pointing between Ford and Firestone. Also keep in mind that Ford more than likely gets thousands of calls daily with people complaining about something or other. Then, the dealership honestly rarely gives a damn once you bought the car unless your their to buy another. The Lemon Law is something that most attorneys don't want to touch because all of the "presumtions" in it and having to battle with corporations that have super deep pockets. I'd bet that there are still some "Explorer" suits going on as we speak, and it's been what, 5 years? Once it hits the news at 6 then any attorney will jump on it, but until then, it's just another "report" filed on some $9.00 hour "customer service" representitive.

Here's MI's Lemon Law:

http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/M...lemonlaw2.html

The way I'd handle it: Quit paying for the truck, file multiple complaints with Ford Credit or the bank that is handling the financing, and then let them repo it, and then when they file a suit for non-payment, file a counter for Lemon Law. Not that this is the "correct" way to handle it, but hey, I wouldn't pay for the POS.

Tags
alternative landscaping