Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-29-2006, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz
you broke the axle or just had a flat? holly molly!!....never heard of 16K axles. good luck.
The axle snapped like a twig.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ALL I CAN SAY IS

BUY A DUMP TRUCK!!!! they are made to haul....these trailers are made for people who cant aford dump trucks for occasional use.....

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 06-29-2006, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

what acctually snapped....was it the craddle for the springs, was it the springs, i mean an acctual axle 2-3 inch tubular steel is damn near imposible to just snap expecially before another component gives way first

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 06-29-2006, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Star Lawn Care LLC
ALL I CAN SAY IS

BUY A DUMP TRUCK!!!! they are made to haul....these trailers are made for people who cant aford dump trucks for occasional use.....
We have a dump trucks. They won't fit where we need them to. So, we got this so we can get it in places where we can't get a dump in. I could've bought a dump (used) cheaper than what this trailer cost. $13K for this trailer.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
what acctually snapped....was it the craddle for the springs, was it the springs, i mean an acctual axle 2-3 inch tubular steel is damn near imposible to just snap expecially before another component gives way first
Nope, the actual axle is snapped. When they come to get it I'll lift the bed up and take a picture. The axle is snapped in half. The trailer is still under warranty but they aren't going to be too happy.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Right out of the owners manual:

NEVER exceed the structural capacity (16,000 lbs.) of the dumper. Structrual capacity means the maximum weight the Dumper will carry and dump with some margin of saftey. This does not mean they your truck can carry 16,000 pounds. See GVWR of truck. NEVER exceed the rating of the truck axles and tires.

That being said, there is no way in hell there is anywhere close to 16,000 lbs. in that trailer.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
We have a dump trucks. They won't fit where we need them to. So, we got this so we can get it in places where we can't get a dump in. I could've bought a dump (used) cheaper than what this trailer cost. $13K for this trailer.

hmm....i can put my dump truck anywhere you put that silly little trailer...plus you cant even use that thing for winter....what a waste of money

Eric Estes
Five Star Lawn Care LLC
Old 06-29-2006, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
hmm....i can put my dump truck anywhere you put that silly little trailer...plus you cant even use that thing for winter....what a waste of money
Uhm.. not without getting stuck you can't. We've been using this trailer to bring in topsoil and take out junk in Washington Twp. We drive it thru a city easement and back the trailer up right to a fence, then load over the fence with the bobcat. A dump won't fit thru unless you tear up everything because the truck stays on concrete, and the trailer is on wet clay. This way we don't get stuck. If we had to wait for it to dry out, it would take us months to get done. My truck barely stays on the concrete of the easement. It's a weird place.

We can use it in the winter. We use it to haul salt to shopping malls to load Vboxes where a dump isn't needed or we just fill the trailer and leave it there full with salt. If we can keep 4 or 5 tons on site and covered, it's a good thing. I've been looking for used cheap roll off dumpsters to store salt in but I can't find any in decent shape.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have a truckcraft TC-100 Pro with a salter on it? I just had Cannon put one of those TC-100's on one of our Ram's. Considering using it over the winter but not sure how it will compare to a 2 yard Warren V-Box.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
Uhm.. not without getting stuck you can't. We've been using this trailer to bring in topsoil and take out junk in Washington Twp. We drive it thru a city easement and back the trailer up right to a fence, then load over the fence with the bobcat. A dump won't fit thru unless you tear up everything because the truck stays on concrete, and the trailer is on wet clay. This way we don't get stuck. If we had to wait for it to dry out, it would take us months to get done. My truck barely stays on the concrete of the easement. It's a weird place.
You dont think you could throw down some plywood sheets to keep you afloat with the truck?

Kevin

Tags
alternative landscaping