Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz
someone must have changed my post. strange....did not say anything controversial in it. ??
You gave away the magic # LOL

Man what a day I had. Blew out my mower tire by slicing the sidewall on a tree bark, did not have any spares, and my spare mower is also awaiting 2 new tires and temporarily out of service. That was supposed to be remedied this weekend when I had some extra time, so of course today it becomes a major issue becuase we took monday and tuesday off for the holiday and needed to work like hell to get caught back up today. We lost 2 1/2 hours while getting some new tires mounted and getting back to work. Then, later in the day my truck starter took a crap, I luckily squeezed one more start out of it with the good ole' hammer whackin trick and got it back and switched trucks to finish out the day. I was just waiting for something else to blow up or go wrong.

Kevin
Old 07-05-2006, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
we took monday and tuesday off for the holiday
Sure sounds like a bad start to your week

I worked Monday and Tuesday and I'm looking forward to calling it a day well before the sun goes down on Friday.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea well thats not as bad as mine monday morning got 2 redmax eb7001 backpack plowers stolen out of my trailer and an aluminum accelerator grass catcher that bastard was 400 dollars!!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would hate to have 2 blowers stolen but I got pulled over by Motor Carrier Enforcement today............ pfffffffffffff read all about it in commercial mowing
Old 07-05-2006, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn & Snow
yea well thats not as bad as mine monday morning got 2 redmax eb7001 backpack plowers stolen out of my trailer and an aluminum accelerator grass catcher that bastard was 400 dollars!!!!
Mike, your always getting stuff stolen, where abouts are they stealing this stuff at....

BTW: One of my buddys told me today that lastnight at 2AM someone was outside the liquor store selling backpack blowers for $35, I'll ask him which one it was.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

My brother-in-law called me from Strong Metal Recycling yesterday. He said a guy was there and had 5 EB7001 blowers for sale.
Lawn Service Divisions
Warren - Harrison Twp. - Detroit - Lenox - St. Helen
(586) 634-2904 (313) 885-9090 (989) 443-4380
Old 07-06-2006, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse
Sure sounds like a bad start to your week

I worked Monday and Tuesday and I'm looking forward to calling it a day well before the sun goes down on Friday.
It was more fun taking Monday and Tuesday. Went to the fireworks shows in Houghton Lake and Harrison, went canoeing, went to a demolition derby, hung out with friends and family, and watched countless bugs die mercilessly by electrocution. And even got some rest.

We are caught back up to where we needed to be now, so all is well again. Just a little stressful yesterday when everything decided to have problems at once.

Kevin
Old 07-06-2006, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

HA ! You guys don't know stressfull. Get this, we are doing the sod at Cranbrook Institute of Science. They want to use this special sod called Legacy Buffalo. We literally have to go pick it up in NEBRASKA! I'm serious. We have to pick up 3600 yards of sod in Meade, Nebraska. Get this, it's almost $3.50 A YARD WHOLESALE! If you don't believe me, call Trombley Sod and ask them about it. We're going to send them to go get it.

Now.. someone beat that one.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Did I mention we have to get the sod back to MI from Nebraska and on the ground (which is all sloped ground) within 24 hours so the sod doesn't die. If it does die, we have to replace the dead pieces but have to make another trip to Nebraska to go get more sod. Then, we have to make sure this all happens on a day when there is no rain.

I never in my life thought we'd charge $8.00 per yard for sod, but hey.. if they wanna pay for it
Old 07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
Did I mention we have to get the sod back to MI from Nebraska and on the ground (which is all sloped ground) within 24 hours so the sod doesn't die. If it does die, we have to replace the dead pieces but have to make another trip to Nebraska to go get more sod. Then, we have to make sure this all happens on a day when there is no rain.

I never in my life thought we'd charge $8.00 per yard for sod, but hey.. if they wanna pay for it

Take pics of this stuff, I would like to see it.

Tags
alternative landscaping