Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-06-2006, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn & Snow
I bought a redmax extended trimmer that thing is the nicest unit i've ever used. I wonder why I ever bought echo
mike,

is there an optional extention pole? The Stihl unit is $329 for the head (engine)_ and the hedge trimmer is another $220. But, they have a 37" extention pole that is another $55, but gives you the option to add 37" to it.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Member

is anyone selling a dump insert?
Old 07-07-2006, 05:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Mark- they got me over at 7 mile and kelly we do a couple apartment units over there for babcock property management everything was closed up in the trailer and i went to weedwack the side of the building since we usually keep someone out in front it couldnt of been more then 2 minutes i walk back to the trailer to fuel up and they were gone.
Stay away from 7/kelly.. It can happen on 16mile as well as 7 mile, but I stay OUT of Detroit = for the simple reason, I dont want my sht stolen. That sucks but its happening tooooooo much lately. We actually lock our rear trailer door at each stop.. takes time but worth it. I see so many guys with enclosed trailers, and the ramp down and nobody around??? Why. Crazy
Old 07-07-2006, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well this unit comes as one piece and the over all length from engine to the end of the trimmer is almost 8 feet and the trimmer part is 22 inchs
Old 07-07-2006, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
well this unit comes as one piece and the over all length from engine to the end of the trimmer is almost 8 feet and the trimmer part is 22 inchs
thanks, mike.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike - I drove by your crew on Thursday at the corner of Notre Dame and Mack (they were doing the commerical building on Mack). Anyway, the guys were out front with the truck and trailer in the back - gate down, with the equipment just waiting to be taken. I'm sure they were only out front for a minute or two but that stuff goes so quick.
In 26 years of doing this, my own crew had only lost two blowers (my other crews have lost countless blowers and trimmers, etc....). When our truck, trailer and all the equipment was stolen in June, the guy watching the truck was stick edging and had turned his back for less than 10 seconds to edge a driveway ribbon strip (myself and another guy were cutting the back). That's how long it too for them to hop in the truck, pop the ignition and drive away. You don't realize how quick this stuff goes. It's a matter of seconds not minutes. They stalk you and watch you and jump in after they see your pattern and when the opportuniy arises. I guarantee that someone could have had the trimmers or stick edger that were in your trailer by the time your guys could have been back around the corner (unless they were locked).
I not baggin' on you at all. So, please don't take it that way. I would hope that if one of you guys saw one of my trucks that was unattended like that you would also let me know. We're all in this together and I just hate to see people loose stuff to theives. We gotta have eachother's back. The cops in GPW stopped me the other day just to tell me to be extra careful with equipment because they have had so much stuff stolen from crews this year.... and that's the Woods, which is not bordered by Detroit at all except for one block behind St John. The Park and City are easier targets - just a stone's through away from Detroit. So, if they'll hit the Woods like that. you know things are very bad and desperate.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Anything is easy to steal if you let your eyes off it for just one second. Trucks are they same esp. if the ignition is already torn out.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea i know the messed up thing about it i was on that job i mean its 7 o clock at nite draggin ass just want to get the job done and we start getting lazy and not closing up the trialer door, i agree 100% they sit around and scope you out see how you run your operation and they know where you have loose ends and soon as they get the oppurtunity they take it and you never even see it coming.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Any Lco's from Holland Zeeland area?

Hi guys,
I am a former LCO from Erie Pa and now I have an internship in Zeeland for my mechanical engineering degree..to get to the point, I MISS MOWING and am curious if anyone out there needs any part time help..I would be willing to work pretty cheap, and I know what I am doing, I can use trimmer, blower, edger, ztr's, walk behings, etc..I am mostly looking to get outside and make a little extra money while I am at it..if anyone has anything possible, please email me at pats9804@gmail.com..I would really appreciate it!
Thanks,

Gus
Old 07-10-2006, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper48
Hi guys,
I am a former LCO from Erie Pa and now I have an internship in Zeeland for my mechanical engineering degree..to get to the point, I MISS MOWING and am curious if anyone out there needs any part time help..I would be willing to work pretty cheap, and I know what I am doing, I can use trimmer, blower, edger, ztr's, walk behings, etc..I am mostly looking to get outside and make a little extra money while I am at it..if anyone has anything possible, please email me at pats9804@gmail.com..I would really appreciate it!
Thanks,

Gus
Where's Zeeland

Tags
alternative landscaping