Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-16-2006, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

that's what i was thinking, but again, when i leave to go to HD and pull out, the vac will be showing behind my chain link fence sitting on the a frame. and i can't turn the trailer around either.. and then....
Old 08-16-2006, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yea im going to try and figure something out cuz i definetl want to get one. but fabricating a a rack for that is a good idea.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey turfscape i have a weed question for you in the fert and pesticide forum
Old 08-16-2006, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Lawn
If it is on their property, they want it done. Call me with a price and I can give you the lock box code for the keys. 586 634-2904
the grass is behind the fence is like 3 feet tall is it all right to charge extra for the first cut.......also did u get my pm?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy
I answered, but Five Star beat me to it.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy
I answered, but Five Star beat me to it. Thanks for thinking of me!
Old 08-16-2006, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know how many of you know Jim from JB Lawns - but, he had his truck and rig stolen today (yes, another one). Don't know all the details but I guess they got him while he was in Harper Woods on Parkcrest or Woodmont and the I-94 Service drive. Now here's the great part. After they drove off, they got stuck in traffic because of all the construction around Vernier (idiots). Evidently, they ditched the truck and got into another car (the original getaway car). So, he got real lucky and got his stuff back. I don't know if the cops got the guys or not. I do know that they were chasing them however. Funny thing is that I just saw Jim on Monday and he was telling me that he just had a blower stolen from his trailer. I warned him that they had been stealing whole rigs.
I just hope that one of these days these bags of crap get what they've got comming to them. It's only a matter of time before someone gets killed. Mark my words on that one. I just hope it's one of the bad guys.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I Have A 16hp Billy Goat Mount On My Trailer With A Dump Box In My Truck. I Fill Up Unhook The Trailer And Drive To My Dump. Put Out A Road Cone To Back Up Too. Hook The Shoot Up I'm Sucking Leaves .i Only Drive One/two Mile To My Dump From All My Job Sites Or Have A Dump On Sites. I Have Six Streets North And South Six Streets West And East And Two Resorts. Me And Two Workers For Fall Clean Ups The Billy Goat Work Good On Spring Clean Ups Too The Worker Feeding The Shoot Must Get The Sticks Out Small And Big
Old 08-17-2006, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Pallas
I don't know how many of you know Jim from JB Lawns - but, he had his truck and rig stolen today (yes, another one). Don't know all the details but I guess they got him while he was in Harper Woods on Parkcrest or Woodmont and the I-94 Service drive. Now here's the great part. After they drove off, they got stuck in traffic because of all the construction around Vernier (idiots). Evidently, they ditched the truck and got into another car (the original getaway car). So, he got real lucky and got his stuff back. I don't know if the cops got the guys or not. I do know that they were chasing them however. Funny thing is that I just saw Jim on Monday and he was telling me that he just had a blower stolen from his trailer. I warned him that they had been stealing whole rigs.
I just hope that one of these days these bags of crap get what they've got comming to them. It's only a matter of time before someone gets killed. Mark my words on that one. I just hope it's one of the bad guys.
I saw someone staring and looking at my truck (I wasnt working far from Jim) so I stayed out in front when we were cutting on Washtenaw and Woodcrest, anyway, Two of my guys work with Jim when they're not busy with me. I saw him on harper and saw what happened. This stuff sucks, Thank god they didnt take it, but however the guy got away. I called the cops later in the afternoon and they didnt get him. Appearantly, the guy ran into a office and asked for a ride somewhere and they gave it to him.

BTW: last week another trailer was stolen with a bunch of equipment in it. Its getting bad guys.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Our BMF dump trailer has been found. It's in friggin Colorodo at at rest stop. It got a flat tire and they left it at the rest stop. They changed the license plate but luckily the cops were smart enough to run the VIN on it. Now I just have to pay $3000.00 to get it back here or send one of our trucks to the middle of nowhere to get it.

Tags
alternative landscaping