Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-03-2006, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl
No it is not an enclosed trailer, but I do have insurance so hopefully everything will be taken care of.
did you have it locked up?

also, did you have your truck parked infront of it at night?

sorry to hear that, ryan...but at least the mowers did not go too.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
Guys, we're in the process of moving to a bigger building. While moving, we're getting rid of the crap that piled up that we're never going to use. So, all I have left to get rid of that we really don't want to haul around is a Warren 2 ton V-Box salter made of stainless. I can't find the controller, but you can buy another one for a couple hundred dollars from Cannon Equipment. This is what it comes down to: First $1,000.00 in cash takes it. Yes, first $1K takes it. But, it has to go down by Sunday because we are done moving on Sunday so it either has to go with, or it has to go with one of you. The salter was used for one season. We don't need it and I'm too lazy to haul it around. A bobcat will be available to load it in your truck. All you need is an 8 foot bed. Call me on my cell phone any time if your interested. We're taking our internet down tonight, so I won't have internet access.

Dan

(586) 203-7722

i find it hard to believe youre moving shops again this year!!!! im sure you grew that much!!
Old 09-03-2006, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Probably BK
Old 09-03-2006, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
Guys, we're in the process of moving to a bigger building. While moving, we're getting rid of the crap that piled up that we're never going to use. So, all I have left to get rid of that we really don't want to haul around is a Warren 2 ton V-Box salter made of stainless. I can't find the controller, but you can buy another one for a couple hundred dollars from Cannon Equipment. This is what it comes down to: First $1,000.00 in cash takes it. Yes, first $1K takes it. But, it has to go down by Sunday because we are done moving on Sunday so it either has to go with, or it has to go with one of you. The salter was used for one season. We don't need it and I'm too lazy to haul it around. A bobcat will be available to load it in your truck. All you need is an 8 foot bed. Call me on my cell phone any time if your interested. We're taking our internet down tonight, so I won't have internet access.

Dan

(586) 203-7722
Are you moving to that building that you told me that you were building, wasnt it going to be somethinglike 30,000 sq feet of just office space..and have a 4 acre yard for all the trucks that were not at your shop? Just wondering
Old 09-03-2006, 02:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, we're moving a few miles away to a 22,000 sq. ft. building on Carlo Drive. Our current landlord owns that building also and since it's going to be a while for construction on our own building, we need the room now.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraper69
Probably BK

Hah.. never
Old 09-03-2006, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan, what is the status? Are we doing this thing with the salter today?
Old 09-03-2006, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfscape LLC
Dan, what is the status? Are we doing this thing with the salter today?
I already called you
Old 09-03-2006, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dan, how much you guys paying for the billboard?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeeping
Dan, how much you guys paying for the billboard?
Alot. Want specifics? Well, I'll give it to you now instead of later cause I'm half drunk and won't be online till Tuesday

Artwork: $1500.00
Production Costs (printing): $3400.00
12 Month Lease: $63,000 ($5250 a month, first two months upfront at signing)
Artwork Change (winter time): $500.00
Production Costs (winter): $3000.00

That's what we paid. But, they gave us a deal because we're "changing" the artwork in November to a "snow theme." Overall the billboards vary in price depending on location. Ours is in a high traffic area but they cut the cost if you sign a year long lease. You can do our billboard for $5K a month with higher production costs if you only do a 3 month lease. The minimum is 3 months on most unless you wanna pay an outrageous short term lease fee. I was told all those Superbowl billboards were $20K plus for one month because there were only one month deals.

You can get them at cheaper costs, but it's mostly based on location. Ours is right at M59 and I-94 which is a major corridor in Macomb County. The cheapest I've seen them though is $1500 a month. You can't get out of the upfront costs for production, but you do get to keep the billboard print when they take it down and you can reuse it later. It's kinda like renting a building. They run credit, make you sign a 30 page lease, you have to insure it, etc.

Oh yeah, DON'T get one of those "rotating" ones like we got. That's the biggest mistake we made. It's cheaper for a "better location" billboard, but it doesn't do as much when cars are flying by at 80 mph. It rotates every 8 seconds. Was it worth the money? No. Did we get phone calls. Yes, but none that made any money. Would I do it again? No. Why'd we get it? Because 80,000 people see it every day and everyone knows our name.

I forgot to ask why your asking.... why?

Last edited by macomb-lawn; 09-04-2006 at 12:05 AM.

Tags
alternative landscaping