Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-04-2006, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

PM sent. You do realize I bought a $200 cherry picker at your direction to unload this thing.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing today either?
Old 09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody else lose a few employees due to everyone going back to school? I know i did and now i remember just how hard it is with just 2 guys especially with the leaves falling next month
Old 09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Location: Oakland, Livingston, and South Genesee Counties; MI.
Sounds like...

he'd cancelled the deal on ya...

hopefully he didn't. Lemme know how your discussion went on the turf fields Turfscapes.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusive1
he'd cancelled the deal on ya...

hopefully he didn't. Lemme know how your discussion went on the turf fields Turfscapes.
Will do. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfscape LLC
Nothing today either?
I know how you feel, he has been giving me the run around on the Lesco 60" rider. I called him the evening he made his last post about it (Monday 8-28-06) and met him at his shop at 6:00pm to pick it up. With the bagger on, it was to wide to fit on my trailer, but that didnt seem to matter too much because he was unable to get it out of his shop regardless. I call him again and again trying to work something out, then he tells me to hurry up because Mark (redwingsdet) is also interested if I do not want it, but I was the first to respond, so he was givving me "dibs". I have a guy and a trailer (this time wide enought to accomodate the bagger) spend over 4 hours on Thursday (8-31-06) driving out near his place (after he calls me and says its going to be there and everything will be a go), and waiting because he "couldnt find the keys to his enclosed trailer" and was trying to locate them. I finially could not keep the guy tied up any longer, and sent him on his way to do other work. I tried several calls and kept getting the run around, tried to arrange to pick it up on Friday (9-1-06) but still could not get any commitments from them to meet me or have it available for pickup. I told him I would be gone all weekend for the holiday, and I tried to call him again today, and everything goes straight to voicemail, the office and the cell. I am not sure what the problem is, nor how many others are being strung along on this or similar deals, so I feel it is appropraite to bring this up in a public forum as a buyer beware, and hopefully to get a response from Dan that he is unable/unwilling to provide by phone.

Kevin
Old 09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn & Snow
Anybody else lose a few employees due to everyone going back to school? I know i did and now i remember just how hard it is with just 2 guys especially with the leaves falling next month
My latest guy was a no call no show today. Unreal. This is the second time this year this has happened, and just as were starting to get slammed again with fall work, aerations and the like, and still in full swing on the mowing. He wasnt a school kid though, just someone with lack of personal responsibility apparently. Im not sure if I can find a guy this late in the season, or if IM just going to have to grunt it all out myself.

Kevin
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea tell me about it with me and 2 other guys we were putting in 50 hours a week. Today was our first day with just me and another guy and are already behind from taking yesterday off. Between cuttinng 150 properties a week and landscape maintenance/install jobs in the weekend I'm not sure we'll be able to take on our normal work load.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn & Snow
Im at WMU right now. I got guys working and im coming home thursday to sunday. I have classes on tues and thurs and thats it.

mowerforless.... I dont want the rider, I havent heard good things about lescos....

And about the salter, I was about to buy it that day and he said that he sold it to trfscapes, and i guess now he didnt. Something is wrong with the picture

Last edited by RedWingsDet; 09-05-2006 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

so you going to come back every week for a few days of work? that sucks if you have to drive down everyweeknd.

Tags
alternative landscaping