Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-05-2006, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Lawn & Snow
so you going to come back every week for a few days of work? that sucks if you have to drive down everyweeknd.

Pretty much. Its not that bad about 2.5hour drive. but its all good. Im just glad im going to college and atleast its away, even though I have to come home alot its still worth it. im thinking of going to wayne 2nd semester, I just wanted to get away for 1st semester
Old 09-05-2006, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

i told you guys that dan is all talk..... piece of advice just dont even talk to him, he will jsut waste your time.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
I know how you feel, he has been giving me the run around on the Lesco 60" rider. I called him the evening he made his last post about it (Monday 8-28-06) and met him at his shop at 6:00pm to pick it up. With the bagger on, it was to wide to fit on my trailer, but that didnt seem to matter too much because he was unable to get it out of his shop regardless. I call him again and again trying to work something out, then he tells me to hurry up because Mark (redwingsdet) is also interested if I do not want it, but I was the first to respond, so he was givving me "dibs". I have a guy and a trailer (this time wide enought to accomodate the bagger) spend over 4 hours on Thursday (8-31-06) driving out near his place (after he calls me and says its going to be there and everything will be a go), and waiting because he "couldnt find the keys to his enclosed trailer" and was trying to locate them. I finially could not keep the guy tied up any longer, and sent him on his way to do other work. I tried several calls and kept getting the run around, tried to arrange to pick it up on Friday (9-1-06) but still could not get any commitments from them to meet me or have it available for pickup. I told him I would be gone all weekend for the holiday, and I tried to call him again today, and everything goes straight to voicemail, the office and the cell. I am not sure what the problem is, nor how many others are being strung along on this or similar deals, so I feel it is appropraite to bring this up in a public forum as a buyer beware, and hopefully to get a response from Dan that he is unable/unwilling to provide by phone.

Kevin

I'm not surprised, I guess. I have been one of this guy's harshest critics. I felt bad for calling him a "liar and a fraud" in a previous post (to which I publicly apologized to him). So I guess he got one over on me. Of course that only proves that he is a ...nope, I'm not going there again.

When I first talked to him I was just kind of brainstorming on how we could make a deal. It was late on Saturday night, but he kept saying, "just come out here." Having already explained that I have a sprayer in my bed that requires at least 2 guys to pull, I could not do that. He suggested pulling the sprayer at his place, loading the salter, and putting the sprayer back in that. Sounds like a winning plan right? Picture that rig rolling down 696 late on a Saturday night! He finally offered to deliver after I offered another $200. Sweet we had an agreement. He called me Sunday morning and said to get that cherry picker we had talked about to unload it here. Like a sucker I went to Murray's and dropped $200 on one, brought it home and assembled it. No call from him 'til that evening.
"$1200 cash?" he asks.
"Well, no, I'll have to write a check," I say. Because really, who has $1200 cash in their pocket on Labor Day weekend? He said Monday morning he'd bring it. Nada. I'm out $200 for this stupid cherry picker that I have no use for now. WTF?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like MACOMB_LAWN_SNOW strikes again!!! Doesn't surprise me though seeing all the smoke he blew up my kids azz!!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Macomb Lawn...Needs to go...He can't back anything up he says from what I've been reading.

I'm suprised he can keep any customers running his biz like that...
Old 09-05-2006, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

C'mon guys - don't you remember Plowsite??? You knew he was a snake when you picked him up!!!! How soon they forget.

Anyway. Kevin - stay away from the Lesco mowers - they're crap. If you want me to elaborate, call me and I'll give you 5 minutes of reasons why not to buy one. They're not worth the metal they're made of. Go buy an Exmark or a Scag (if you want a line on a couple of good Exmarks, call me. They've got about 800 hrs on them, but I know they've been well maintained. They're not mine - just a guy's from whom I buy a lot of equipment)

If you you guys are hurting for employees, PM me. I've got some good subs that I've been using that are looking for more work. And, I've got some other numbers of people looking for work. Be glad to pass along those numbers - especially now that the grass is starting to hit a growth spurt with all that rain.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

hey guys the season is starting to wind down now and i was just wondering if anyone will be turning over there mowers this winter i'm still sort of looking for a 60" ztr
thanks
alex
2013 7x20 sur-track open trailer
2010 exmark lazer "x" series 60" 34hp
2011 exmark lazer "x" series 60" 29hp
2013 exmark lazer "s" series 60" 27hp
2013 exmark turf tracer "s" series 52" 20hp
2011 wright stander RH 52" 19hp
1013 exmark commerical 30" wb
honda push mower
(4) weed wips shindiawa,redmax,echo
(2) stick edgers shindiawa,redmax
(3)redmax 7001
sthil br 340
pluger aerator

230 lawns
Old 09-06-2006, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsDet
mowerforless.... I dont want the rider, I havent heard good things about lescos....
Were you considering it when he brought it up, or was he making that part up?

Kevin
Old 09-06-2006, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
Were you considering it when he brought it up, or was he making that part up?

Kevin
i was considering. I was going to buy it until some people told me not to buy a lesco.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_480231
Sounds like MACOMB_LAWN_SNOW strikes again!!! Doesn't surprise me though seeing all the smoke he blew up my kids azz!!!!

Blowing smoke up your kids ass? Are you serious? I was told he knew what he's doing. Would you like a list of reasons why he was fired. Here, I'll give you a couple, and we can go from there if you'd like the complete list.

1. He doesn't even know how to weedwack (literally)
2. He almost cost lives and a ton of money. Remember the trailer incident or did he not tell you about that. You know, when we almost lost a trailer at 70 mph on M53 eway because he didn't bother locking the trailer to the ball. Infact, the trailer was forced unlocked by the pin.

Want me to keep going?

Tags
alternative landscaping