Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2006, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guys,

Like I said 1000 times, we're moving. We are moved into the new building, but we have some serious problems to deal with. First off, our entire phone system is down. It's screwed up, and the phones don't work. We have to wait on the phone place to finish working on it. We don't have a regular phone system. We have a full PBX system so we are unable to recieve calls. Everything either goes right to voicemail, or it doesn't even ring and you get a busy signal. This is why nobody can get ahold of us. It's also our first priority right now.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfscape LLC
I'm not surprised, I guess. I have been one of this guy's harshest critics. I felt bad for calling him a "liar and a fraud" in a previous post (to which I publicly apologized to him). So I guess he got one over on me. Of course that only proves that he is a ...nope, I'm not going there again.

When I first talked to him I was just kind of brainstorming on how we could make a deal. It was late on Saturday night, but he kept saying, "just come out here." Having already explained that I have a sprayer in my bed that requires at least 2 guys to pull, I could not do that. He suggested pulling the sprayer at his place, loading the salter, and putting the sprayer back in that. Sounds like a winning plan right? Picture that rig rolling down 696 late on a Saturday night! He finally offered to deliver after I offered another $200. Sweet we had an agreement. He called me Sunday morning and said to get that cherry picker we had talked about to unload it here. Like a sucker I went to Murray's and dropped $200 on one, brought it home and assembled it. No call from him 'til that evening.
"$1200 cash?" he asks.
"Well, no, I'll have to write a check," I say. Because really, who has $1200 cash in their pocket on Labor Day weekend? He said Monday morning he'd bring it. Nada. I'm out $200 for this stupid cherry picker that I have no use for now. WTF?

I couldn't get anyone on labor day to help me. In the mean time, we are moving and things are all screwed up. Keep in mind that this thing weighs 1000 pounds and it's not the easiest thing to move around. Plus, I tried 100 different ways to move it around myself and it's nearly impossible.
As far as $1200 cash, read the first post I made when I said it was for sale. I said the FIRST $1,000 CASH TAKES IT didn't I? I don't mind taking a check, but then I gotta figure out how to justify the deposit for the books. That's why I originally said cash.

Look, if you still want it, I will make arrangements to get it to you. But, right now, I have some pretty serious issues to deal with.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
I know how you feel, he has been giving me the run around on the Lesco 60" rider. I called him the evening he made his last post about it (Monday 8-28-06) and met him at his shop at 6:00pm to pick it up. With the bagger on, it was to wide to fit on my trailer, but that didnt seem to matter too much because he was unable to get it out of his shop regardless. I call him again and again trying to work something out, then he tells me to hurry up because Mark (redwingsdet) is also interested if I do not want it, but I was the first to respond, so he was givving me "dibs". I have a guy and a trailer (this time wide enought to accomodate the bagger) spend over 4 hours on Thursday (8-31-06) driving out near his place (after he calls me and says its going to be there and everything will be a go), and waiting because he "couldnt find the keys to his enclosed trailer" and was trying to locate them. I finially could not keep the guy tied up any longer, and sent him on his way to do other work. I tried several calls and kept getting the run around, tried to arrange to pick it up on Friday (9-1-06) but still could not get any commitments from them to meet me or have it available for pickup. I told him I would be gone all weekend for the holiday, and I tried to call him again today, and everything goes straight to voicemail, the office and the cell. I am not sure what the problem is, nor how many others are being strung along on this or similar deals, so I feel it is appropraite to bring this up in a public forum as a buyer beware, and hopefully to get a response from Dan that he is unable/unwilling to provide by phone.

Kevin
Kevin, you were there, you saw it in the trailer, your trailer didn't fit, and I couldn't get it out the next day because the trailer was locked and nobody knows where the keys went. I think they cut the locks off the trailer today because the keys are MIA and got misplaced during the move.

Also, keep in mind that I was willing to let you "test drive" the machine for a while. Not around our shop, but around your route or wherever you wanted to. Then, what did I say? I told you you could take it, and if you wanted to buy it, mail me a check or something. Did I not? My apologies for making your guy wait. I didn't expect to have to have a easter egg hunt for the keys to unlock the trailer. If you still want the machine, you still have dibs. I'm easy to work with as long as there aren't surrounding issues that take priority.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
Kevin, you were there, you saw it in the trailer, your trailer didn't fit, and I couldn't get it out the next day because the trailer was locked and nobody knows where the keys went. I think they cut the locks off the trailer today because the keys are MIA and got misplaced during the move.

Also, keep in mind that I was willing to let you "test drive" the machine for a while. Not around our shop, but around your route or wherever you wanted to. Then, what did I say? I told you you could take it, and if you wanted to buy it, mail me a check or something. Did I not? My apologies for making your guy wait. I didn't expect to have to have a easter egg hunt for the keys to unlock the trailer. If you still want the machine, you still have dibs. I'm easy to work with as long as there aren't surrounding issues that take priority.
Yes, I would still like to pick the machine up and continue with our original arrangement. You have to understand my frustration of not being able to accomplish something as simple as picking up a mower, however. And then Friday I called and talked to that other guy at your shop, told him who I was, and that I was trying to pick up the mower. He said he would call me back, and never did. Then I left a voicemail on your cell phone Tuesday, and you never called back either. If you can just leave the mower off the trailer, and let me know for sure that it is in your shop and there will be no problems comming to get it, I will pick it up. I just do not want to waste half a day with another repeat of last week. I am already backed up this week from losing my helper, and will most likely be working Sat & Sunday as a result.

Kevin
Old 09-06-2006, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
Yes, I would still like to pick the machine up and continue with our original arrangement. You have to understand my frustration of not being able to accomplish something as simple as picking up a mower, however. And then Friday I called and talked to that other guy at your shop, told him who I was, and that I was trying to pick up the mower. He said he would call me back, and never did. Then I left a voicemail on your cell phone Tuesday, and you never called back either. If you can just leave the mower off the trailer, and let me know for sure that it is in your shop and there will be no problems comming to get it, I will pick it up. I just do not want to waste half a day with another repeat of last week. I am already backed up this week from losing my helper, and will most likely be working Sat & Sunday as a result.

Kevin
I'll get it all arranged and give you a call. The other guy is just a field guy and he can't do anything.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
I couldn't get anyone on labor day to help me. In the mean time, we are moving and things are all screwed up. Keep in mind that this thing weighs 1000 pounds and it's not the easiest thing to move around. Plus, I tried 100 different ways to move it around myself and it's nearly impossible.
As far as $1200 cash, read the first post I made when I said it was for sale. I said the FIRST $1,000 CASH TAKES IT didn't I? I don't mind taking a check, but then I gotta figure out how to justify the deposit for the books. That's why I originally said cash.

Look, if you still want it, I will make arrangements to get it to you. But, right now, I have some pretty serious issues to deal with.

I understand you are busy. But if that is the case just say it when we are talking mano a mano. The number one rule I try to follow in business, and in life, is "under-promise and over-deliver." It keeps people happy every time. I seriously am thinking I got talked into buying an engine hoist for nothing. You can see how I might think that can't you? That being said, I will take it for the agreed upon price. Please call me as soon as you can and we can do this thing. If you want cash at that point that is fine too since it is the work week now.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can't wait to get home at night to see what happens next on "As the Michigan LCO's Turn." The is the best priced entertainment out there!!
Member Mich. Turfgrass Foundation (MTF)
Old 09-06-2006, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys, just thought I would pop in and see what I missed while I was on vacation. Not much I see...lol Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Look what I found while camping... amazing what a few beers and Jell-o shots can turn into... carry on!!!!
Lawn Service Divisions
Warren - Harrison Twp. - Detroit - Lenox - St. Helen
(586) 634-2904 (313) 885-9090 (989) 443-4380

Last edited by Metro Lawn; 10-03-2006 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Lawn
Hey guys, just thought I would pop in and see what I missed while I was on vacation. Not much I see...lol Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Look what I found while camping... amazing what a few beers and Jell-o shots can turn into... carry on!!!!

wah, that's a priceless look on your face
Old 09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MStine315
I can't wait to get home at night to see what happens next on "As the Michigan LCO's Turn." The is the best priced entertainment out there!!
how true, first thread I go too

Tags
alternative landscaping