Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-14-2006, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

last year i cut till 2nd week in nov, but i think the year before that we cut until the last week of oct.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantzpropertymanagement
any lawn co. around the niles, mi area?

I"m about 25 min from there.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone interested in finishing the season on a residential cut for us? It's at 16 mile and Harper. It's about a $35.00 cut. PM me if your interested. It's just one house. We were doing it for a favor...
Old 09-15-2006, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ROFL...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/9857166/detail.html
Old 09-15-2006, 12:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
I wonder if that makes big enough news if enough people will come forward with their experiences with TruGreens deceptiveness. I cant tell you how many people I have talked to that have had TruGreen, cancelled TruGreen, and still had them after they cancelled.
Old 09-15-2006, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Please check this out and let me know if you've ever had this problem with your lazer. Thanks http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...93#post1547893
Old 09-15-2006, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I got a call from one of the most pompus arrogant a$$holes today that I think I have ever dealt with (or at least very high in the top 3). He calls me a week and a half ago, wants to schedule an aeration job for the following day. I explain to him that it will be at least a week before I can get out to do it, and we set up an appointment at that time to do it today between 3-6pm. The whole time on the phone he's giving me attitude like if you cant do it I'll get somebody else, and acting like he's dangling a million dollar job infront of me. (Note, we had done an aeration for this guy 2 years ago, and he liked our work then, and we had no problems dealing with him the first time, so Im not sure what sparked the tude from him this time). Well, since I set up that appointment with him, I have been short a helper, and we had 2 full days of rain that put me WAY behind schedule. Needless to say I had alot on my mind all day trying to get caught up, and his appointment slipped my mind. He calls we today at 6:02pm and wants to know where I am. I call him back at 6:42 and appologize that I did in fact forget about the appointment, and have been very busy trying to get caught up from the 2 days of rain. I tell him I can reschedule it for tomorrow, and I will personally guarantee that it gets done. He starts giving me attitude again that a 3 hour window is not acceptable, and I'm tying up his whole Saturday, and all kinds of other crap. I ask him in the middle of the conversation what I did to deserve the attitude he is giving me, to which he goes off on another tangent saying dont turn this around on me, etc. etc. And comparing me to other bad experiences he has had with other service people (sounded like the cable company). I reminded him that he had already had a good experience with our work, and his presence was not required for the aeration to be done, and that the time frame was only out of courtesy so he would know when we were comming if he wanted to be there. Again he goes off on a tangent about how I am screwing up his whole weekend. I interrupted him and said sir, I am sorry, you are right, we are to busy to do this job and you are going to have to find somebody else. And hung up.

What is wrong with some people, he acts like he's doing me some favor be throwing me a $50 aeration. Yes, I understand I stood him up today, and I appologized for it up front to him, but I'm not going to let someone beat me up over it. Eaither accept the apology and we can move on, or do what he did, and see how that works out.

Had to vent.

Kevin
Old 09-15-2006, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
I got a call from one of the most pompus arrogant a$$holes today that I think I have ever dealt with (or at least very high in the top 3). He calls me a week and a half ago, wants to schedule an aeration job for the following day. I explain to him that it will be at least a week before I can get out to do it, and we set up an appointment at that time to do it today between 3-6pm. The whole time on the phone he's giving me attitude like if you cant do it I'll get somebody else, and acting like he's dangling a million dollar job infront of me. (Note, we had done an aeration for this guy 2 years ago, and he liked our work then, and we had no problems dealing with him the first time, so Im not sure what sparked the tude from him this time). Well, since I set up that appointment with him, I have been short a helper, and we had 2 full days of rain that put me WAY behind schedule. Needless to say I had alot on my mind all day trying to get caught up, and his appointment slipped my mind. He calls we today at 6:02pm and wants to know where I am. I call him back at 6:42 and appologize that I did in fact forget about the appointment, and have been very busy trying to get caught up from the 2 days of rain. I tell him I can reschedule it for tomorrow, and I will personally guarantee that it gets done. He starts giving me attitude again that a 3 hour window is not acceptable, and I'm tying up his whole Saturday, and all kinds of other crap. I ask him in the middle of the conversation what I did to deserve the attitude he is giving me, to which he goes off on another tangent saying dont turn this around on me, etc. etc. And comparing me to other bad experiences he has had with other service people (sounded like the cable company). I reminded him that he had already had a good experience with our work, and his presence was not required for the aeration to be done, and that the time frame was only out of courtesy so he would know when we were comming if he wanted to be there. Again he goes off on a tangent about how I am screwing up his whole weekend. I interrupted him and said sir, I am sorry, you are right, we are to busy to do this job and you are going to have to find somebody else. And hung up.

What is wrong with some people, he acts like he's doing me some favor be throwing me a $50 aeration. Yes, I understand I stood him up today, and I appologized for it up front to him, but I'm not going to let someone beat me up over it. Eaither accept the apology and we can move on, or do what he did, and see how that works out.

Had to vent.

Kevin
kevin, you did the right thing. dont worry about it. there is something wrong with him if he does not understand that you work outside.....and it rained for 3 days. moron.

move on to the next aeration that will pay $60.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's the beauty of being your own boss. You were polite and he was not. Conversation over.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Red Wingdetroit,
Your computer is under your machine on your Lazer. Good idea, huh??? With all the rain we had, I bet you're getting moisture in your ecm. Crawl under there, undoo your clip, and spray plugs on both ends with contact cleaner.Put back together, unhook battery for at least 60 seconds, and hook back up. Then turn your key on and off 2 times, and then turn it on a 3rd timeand leave it on. Count how many flashes you get on the red button on the dash. If everything is OK, it should blink six times, pause, and then blink twice. If you get a different amountof blinks, post here how many and I will check my book to check out the code. A miliamp will make a big difference on a Kohler FI engine. If you haven'nt allready, I would also run a ground from your muffler stud back to the negative post on your battery. oxygen sensors have been known to loose their ground through the muffler. If all else fails, post here and you can bring it to my shop if your in the metro detroit area, and I'll try to help you out the best I can. JOHN

Tags
alternative landscaping