Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
I even smashed up my snowmobile up there on the trails on my way to Houghton Lake.

Here is a pic of the sled after I repaired it. I stiched the rip in the seat with needle and threat, then siliconed over it with clear silicone. I put a new windsheild on it, and adjusted the handlebars, buffed out all of the tree marks, and straighted the tunnel very creatively by using tie downs and come along winch's on my open landscape trailer to pull it back out. Overall the repair came out pretty well. I rode it one more season, where I just missed taking a deer out at 80 MPH by less then 2 inches. I figured I shouldnt be riding sleds after that and sold it.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2006, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower For Less
4 wheeler or Snowmobile trails? Ive ridden em all plently of times. I even found Haskel Lake (that took me 2 years, LOL). I preffer the Denton loop for 4-wheeling, though. Usually more water and more mud.

I even smashed up my snowmobile up there on the trails on my way to Houghton Lake. There was a fork in the road, and I didnt take it. went head-on into a tree about 4" in diameter and took it right out of the frozen earth at about 50 MPH. Bent the tunnel on my sled (ricocheted the tail end off a much larger tree on the way into the 4" er), bent the handlebars, and shattered the windsheild, and ripped the seat, but we finished riding to the bar anyway.

The soil at my cabin is pretty much pure sand. Really slow growwing. I fertilized it once just for fun, and it needed to be cut about every 2 weeks. Without fert it is every 4-6 weeks average, and still not as tall or thick as 2 weeks fertilized.

Here's a pic of one of my buddies ridding by the river:
Here's a pic of leota trail, I just got my sportsman 600 day before xmas. My sis-in-law, wife, and I went for a ride christmas day 2003, I put 13 miles on it. We have a place up in strongs mich. just like riding on the country roads here, we even ride right in town up there.
Mines the yellow one, wifes is to the right, a sp 400. Sister in law has a sp500. My brother has a sp700
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2006, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

here's where we took a break, probably close to where your pic is at.
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2006, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternative
What ever happened to Macomb Lawn? Maybe he's in the moving process again!
Well, we moved from our old building to a new one. But, I had a baby so that's tied me up quite a bit, then the baby got sick and I've been at the hospital ever since. We're still busy though and since I spend every night sleeping in a hospital I don't get a chance to get on here anymore. I'm usually in the office just long enough to get my voicemail and take care of bills and such.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraper69
I knew he wasnt gonna be around too long, with all the Mercedes and Lexus payments... He had a good dream! Thats about it..
Really.. go to the Walmart on 23 mile and look at the new Cat 950F with our logo on the side sitting there waiting for snow. Or, you could go to Meijer across from the Tech Center and see 3 Bobcat S300's that have our logo on them. Want me to keep going? Machines are there now, get in the car and see for yourself.....

Old 10-26-2006, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraper69
I knew he wasnt gonna be around too long, with all the Mercedes and Lexus payments... He had a good dream! Thats about it..
Macomb-Why do you come back here all the time when everyone just rips on you? Do you ever tire of the relentless ridicule?

Just curious, Jeff
Old 10-26-2006, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Great.... here we go with the bragging, patting ourselves on the back and
s*cking our own d*cks portion of the thread. I thought that was dead..... and it was just getting back to normal. OK. OK let me here how great you are again. Once more for the cheap seats.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What about that spreader?!?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I was sopossed to buy a spreader too. Between me and another guy I know, we want to buy all the ones you have.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macomb-lawn
Well, we moved from our old building to a new one. But, I had a baby so that's tied me up quite a bit, then the baby got sick and I've been at the hospital ever since. We're still busy though and since I spend every night sleeping in a hospital I don't get a chance to get on here anymore. I'm usually in the office just long enough to get my voicemail and take care of bills and such.
How the hell did you have a Baby

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru

Tags
alternative landscaping