Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-03-2006, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys I have a landscaping project that I am doing next spring I will be doing everything but she wants a retaining wall put in and I don't know how to do that and think it would be alittle over my head right now so if you are close to me and are interested let me know.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnsmithcare
Ok guys I have a landscaping project that I am doing next spring I will be doing everything but she wants a retaining wall put in and I don't know how to do that and think it would be alittle over my head right now so if you are close to me and are interested let me know.
what kind of wall? how big/tall?
Old 11-04-2006, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah going pretty good. Saw that crap on the "Problem Solvers" about Rizzo. What a joke. Isn't it amazing when these people like that woman they showed are soooo shocked when their is a camera in their face? What a joke eh? So have you heard that Macomb Lawn and Snow is hiring subs for snow for over a $100 a hr.??? Thought I would pass that along because I am sure that you would be interested.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz
what kind of wall? how big/tall?
I will let you know tomorrow I am going to look at it then.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_480231
Yeah going pretty good. Saw that crap on the "Problem Solvers" about Rizzo. What a joke. Isn't it amazing when these people like that woman they showed are soooo shocked when their is a camera in their face? What a joke eh? So have you heard that Macomb Lawn and Snow is hiring subs for snow for over a $100 a hr.??? Thought I would pass that along because I am sure that you would be interested.
Are you not the one who stood up for MACOMB a while back -(Or your wife) stating that he is a good guy because he gave your son a job?
Old 11-04-2006, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes and when she did say all that crap I told her I thought that he was still full of crap! After two weeks he said he had to let my step-son go because of "cash flow" issues. Of course he came on here and said that my step-son was a dork and didn't know crap about lawn maintenance. Dan was told that John didn't have much experience and he said that he would train him the way he wanted. Wouldn't have to put up with re-training a guy with someone else's habbits. My wife had talked with him a couple of times and NEVER saw any of this equipment that he boasts of. He had ONE pick-up and ONE bobcat that was about it. I was looking into employment with him at one time also and was told to come to his "new" building at Hall Rd. and Heydenreich Rd. area. I infact talked to the guy who built the building and he said that Dan is the biggest B.S.er he has ever seen. He never put a deposit down and the landlord was actually thinking of not even dealing with him because of all the LIES! Haven't seen or heard anything for a while but sure enough heard he was looking for snow subs and paying over $100 a hr. Also running his mouth about taking over all of Rizzo's accts. Of course we all know that Backer is Rizzo's new front! What these guys are doing with Commercial Snow quotes is pretty cheap!!! My partner and I are bidding on a couple of Commercials that these guys are and they are crazy in thinking they are going to survive with the prices they are quoting. Sorry guys just got my dander up a little!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to say, about your kid working for him, I thought that was a load of crap. He was so critical of a kid not hooking a trailer up properly. Perhaps he shouldn't have a kid working unchecked like that. Hell, I have done that twice. Of course I have been in the biz for 20 years, but I am sure everybody does that at some point. That's how you learn, and why there are safety systems for it. Plus this guy sounds like he never did any kind of hands on work, yet could sit there and call a kid a total loser for not hooking a trailer up properly. It takes a lot of nerve if you ask me.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turfscape LLC
I have to say, about your kid working for him, I thought that was a load of crap. He was so critical of a kid not hooking a trailer up properly. Perhaps he shouldn't have a kid working unchecked like that. Hell, I have done that twice. Of course I have been in the biz for 20 years, but I am sure everybody does that at some point. That's how you learn, and why there are safety systems for it. Plus this guy sounds like he never did any kind of hands on work, yet could sit there and call a kid a total loser for not hooking a trailer up properly. It takes a lot of nerve if you ask me.

Nice day our isnt it?
Old 11-05-2006, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy
Nice day our isnt it?
Does this mean something?
Old 11-06-2006, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey what do you guys mean backer is rizzos front? What happned with rizzo on chnel 2?

Tags
alternative landscaping