Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-03-2006, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well i dont really care about the money its more about the point. I told these idiots that i was going to take them to court just to kinda scare them if they didnt pay well I dont want them to think that i was bluffing as they probably wont show up for court anyways. I'm hoping they will see the notice to appear and court and maybe pay there bill. Worth a shot anyways plus its winter nothing better to do with my time anyways!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Mike I agree with you totally. I have been burned a few times by doing the samething as you did. But like the saying goes nice guys finish last especially when it comes down to money. Now I tell all new customers will not cut if they have a balance and will return after they pay and that the price could be higher depending on how bad the yard is. I have explained to them this "how would you like to go to work, do your job and not get paid for it." So far I have figured out that the people that say "I can understand that" are the ones that pay everytime and some even pay in advance if they are going on vacation, which is great because it's just one less thing off my plate.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah - a notice of service will certainly get their attention - but, if they're deadbeats, you're right they probably will just blow it off and not show up for court. However, a summons to appear in court on criminal charges (bad check charges) will, by all means, snap their little heads right around and make them really pay attention. Trust me - if you want maximum effect / impact, file the charges.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

how do you guys feel about UF stealing the spotlight, jumping over UM and going to the championship game against Ohio State?
Old 12-03-2006, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz
how do you guys feel about UF stealing the spotlight, jumping over UM and going to the championship game against Ohio State?
It sucks if you ask me George. That would have been a hell of a game

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 12-03-2006, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Pallas
Yeah - a notice of service will certainly get their attention - but, if they're deadbeats, you're right they probably will just blow it off and not show up for court. However, a summons to appear in court on criminal charges (bad check charges) will, by all means, snap their little heads right around and make them really pay attention. Trust me - if you want maximum effect / impact, file the charges.
I have a guy who wrote me a bad check. I was going to take him to small claims, or use a collection agency, but this sounds better. I'm pretty sure theres a good chance the guy wouldn't show up for court anyway. What is the process I have to take to file these charges?
Old 12-04-2006, 01:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz
I think this just helps to prove the point that college football needs to have some type of playoff system.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewImageLawn&Landscape
I think this just helps to prove the point that college football needs to have some type of playoff system.
i agree. they should have at least +1 at the end to settle who should play. but play on neutral field, INDOORS for obvious reasons.

But you know what....this stupid system makes it really exciting and makes people like me stay up all night reading the same reports in 45 different articles speculating and discussing. many people would not have jobs if it was a clear cut decision.

I would be just as upset as the michigan fans if Florida did not get to go. I went to Florida and have orange in blue in my veins.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Who else is getting snow today???? It's been snowing almost all day long, may have to plow tonight.

fluid film- the official sponser of sflqpru
Old 12-04-2006, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Were getting occasional snow showers, nothings accumulating, they said maybe Tuesday night Wednesday accumulating snow for metro Detroit.

Chris

2002 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab
Bobcat Classic 36/15
Toro 21"
Craftsman 21" < This Things Lasted Me For Years
Stihl RX100
Stihl FC 95
Stihl HS 81T
Stihl BR 600
Redmax EB7001
6.6X12 Open Landscape Trailer With Racks

+ Much Much More