Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-08-2007, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw View Post
I have had cops tell me they pull over the guys that look like they can pay the tickets/fines.
True to a point. Just as you and I would look at a very nice house and think that they can afford to pay there bills or at least have the money to pay them. Then you go and do an estimate at a run down house and wonder if they will pay you or not.

We dont care if they pay the ticket or not...No Pay = future warrant = future arrest.

I myself like to pull over people/companies and let them know and give them a chance to correct the problem(s). I also have a time limit I give them to correct the problem. This still does not give them the right to run around in violation. It gives them time with ME, not what the law says. Of course there are certain things that will place you out of service and I have no control over that.

Official DOT Truck Consulting
Are you DOT ready?
Old 02-08-2007, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sinsere, what's your company name and what areas do you operate in?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's All Season Service View Post
We had one over a week ago, but the next one i'm planning mid February. Hope we see some more interest in them. We already have a little group formed.
Good I hopefully ( if nothing comes up) be at the next one then !!!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw View Post
I have had cops tell me they pull over the guys that look like they can pay the tickets/fines.
Yeah cause they know we will have to pay so we can stay in business, unlike the others where chances are it's just side money anyway and not there livelyhood.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

service tax

That tax business really gets under my skin. Not that 2% is huge, but its the principle of the matter. Didnt politicians ever take an economics class. I mean of all the things they can think of doing when our MI economy is sucking, they decide to tax people more. Makes no sense to me. Laissez Faire is what we need, not more taxes.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Lawn View Post
I have to get my mowers out this week too... but only to transfer some of them to my new trailer... rofl...
Hey Metro I was wondering if you could give me some info.I am starting a lawn service this year and im about to go down to the wayne county clerks office to register my buisness name.I know this is only $23 but should I get a tax ID imedeately or what.And I was also considering registering buisness as a sole propriotership or should I register a LLC OR INC.If you could give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks!
Old 02-09-2007, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=jaybow;1702908]I know this is only $23 but should I get a tax ID imedeately or what.And I was also considering registering buisness as a sole propriotership or should I register a LLC OR INC.QUOTE]

I know this wasn't directed at me but maybe I can help a little.

It would mean nothing to register your business name as an LLC or INC unless you actually plan to go thought the rest of the process of setting up an LLC or INC. There is more to an LLC/INC than just the name.

If you are a sole prop. there is no real need to get a separate tax id, you can use your SSN. It might be smart to get one to keep your SSN off paperwork that may be floating around.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey guys, anyone know of any good exmark or mower mechanics that dont charge an extreme amount of money. I need to get my stuff ready for spring.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i'll tell you where the 2% will be a pain is in service business like my winter job running a ice rink. Every person that comes in is a even 3 dollars, now it will be 3.06. What a pain in the butt.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am interested in getting a bid from some of you guys on the east side. It is for cutting and aerating 10 acres. PM me for details.

Tags
alternative landscaping