Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-10-2007, 02:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superiorlawncare View Post
Hey guys, anyone know of any good exmark or mower mechanics that dont charge an extreme amount of money. I need to get my stuff ready for spring.
I got a guy pm me for more details if ur still interested
Old 02-10-2007, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy View Post
i'll tell you where the 2% will be a pain is in service business like my winter job running a ice rink. Every person that comes in is a even 3 dollars, now it will be 3.06. What a pain in the butt.
just increase it to $3.50, what's the big deal?

$.44 cents more won't kill anyone.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrentz View Post
just increase it to $3.50, what's the big deal?

$.44 cents more won't kill anyone.
This is another point. The consumers, you and me, are going to take a hit not only from the 2%, but from the increase in overall cost that is going to take place to make up for the additonal administrative cost the 2% adds to the service company and the additional cost they add to the service to make it a "round" number.

Sure in the example above we are only talking about 44 cents. Not much and I'm sure we all can afford an extra 44 cents, but that is almost a 17% increase. That is a substantial amount IMO when you look at it like that.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
This is another point. The consumers, you and me, are going to take a hit not only from the 2%, but from the increase in overall cost that is going to take place to make up for the additonal administrative cost the 2% adds to the service company and the additional cost they add to the service to make it a "round" number.

Sure in the example above we are only talking about 44 cents. Not much and I'm sure we all can afford an extra 44 cents, but that is almost a 17% increase. That is a substantial amount IMO when you look at it like that.
absolutely, but i was talking about rounding it up to the nearest $1 or $10 if the item is expensive.

what has been said here is completely correct. hope they know what they are doing. How would we find out when it will come into effect? i dont watch the local news or read the local papers.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

June 1st (if it gets approved)
Member Mich. Turfgrass Foundation (MTF)
Old 02-10-2007, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We need to set up some sort of chart (I'm sure we'll see one soon) that willl have all the amounts on it with the 2% increase, that we will be able to cross reference and see what will need to be charged to add up to the even amount of dollars. (i.e. $1.96 = $2.00 even). This isn't the exact number,...but there is one. A $50 bill is now going to cost $51.00. So, to help cover administrative costs, I am thinking somewhere along the lines of upping it to the nearest 5 (or just under... depending on the amount).

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Incidentally, a friend of mine is looking to hire TWO full time applicators for this upcoming season. This is for the Flint area. Anyone interested, please let me know...either by PM or by reply on this thread. Thanks.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

The tax increase is a huge deal . I live on the indiana border this could kill me. You also have to think of all the services you pay for like truck and equipment repairs. I cant afford to raise prices any more but I can't afford to eat the cost either. it will end up costing us in the range of 5-9%. Plus if you don't have a sales tax licence you will be paying taxes on plant's mulch and all materials to sell a $100,000 in materials add 2000.00 extra in taxes which just made your sales tax 8%.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Start writing or calling your state reps, fellas! This is a war!
Old 02-11-2007, 12:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanvalleylandscaping View Post
Plus if you don't have a sales tax licence you will be paying taxes on plant's mulch and all materials to sell a $100,000 in materials add 2000.00 extra in taxes which just made your sales tax 8%.
I have not seen the proposed law, but that dont sound right? I dont think you could be subjected to the SALES tax & the SERVICE tax on the same item. It would have to be one or the other. 2% or 6%, not 8%.

Just be happy its not like Canada.. GST (Goods & SERVICES Tax) which is one rate, and much higher than 2%.

Kevin.

Tags
alternative landscaping