Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #8491  
Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 PM
d&rlawncare's Avatar
d&rlawncare d&rlawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
What kind of mulch are you guys buying that is $30/yard? Around here even color enhanced is $22 -$26/yard depending on where you buy it.
Red cedar mulch. There are 3 main places in Lansing and all are within $1 of each other.

Anyone have any picures?
__________________
EVERYTHING HAS SOLD

Official DOT Truck Consulting
Are you DOT ready?
Reply With Quote
  #8492  
Old 04-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by d&rlawncare View Post
Red cedar mulch. There are 3 main places in Lansing and all are within $1 of each other.
I am surprised prices seem to be a little higher in your area or maybe they are just a little lower in my area
Reply With Quote
  #8493  
Old 04-09-2007, 10:22 PM
d&rlawncare's Avatar
d&rlawncare d&rlawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
I am surprised prices seem to be a little higher in your area or maybe they are just a little lower in my area
Ill have to see if I can get a bulk discount for the 32 yards. After doing further research my 55 a yard installed sees way o low. more like 80 min?
__________________
EVERYTHING HAS SOLD

Official DOT Truck Consulting
Are you DOT ready?
Reply With Quote
  #8494  
Old 04-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Mowerboy04's Avatar
Mowerboy04 Mowerboy04 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: novi mi
Posts: 1,422
i want to quit

not really, but i need to vent i'm so far behind now with the snow we got last week its killing me i was all set to go for aerations on thursday of last week and then it snowed, and since then its been to cold or snowy to work so tommrow will be my first day i can work. plus i have 2 mulch jobs i need to do one is large and a big deal and the other will just take an hour or two. and to top it off i'm still in school full time and i work a part time job at mark's outdoor power equipment in northville on monday and wensdays. its just so stres full, then my shop is all torn apart from getting all the mowers tuned up ect ect. and i still need to paint the trailer and finish my ztr. uggg o well just need to vent i know alot of u guys are also in the same boat as i am. any way hope every has a good season.
alex
__________________
2011 dodge ram 2500
2001 Chevy 3500 dump
7x14 white enclosed
2013 7x20 sur-track open trailer
2010 exmark lazer "x" series 60" 34hp
2011 exmark lazer "x" series 60" 29hp
2013 exmark lazer "s" series 60" 27hp
2013 exmark turf tracer "s" series 52" 20hp
2011 wright stander RH 52" 19hp
1013 exmark commerical 30" wb
honda push mower
(4) weed wips shindiawa,redmax,echo
(2) stick edgers shindiawa,redmax
(3)redmax 7001
sthil br 340
pluger aerator

230 lawns
Reply With Quote
  #8495  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:13 PM
d&rlawncare's Avatar
d&rlawncare d&rlawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowerboy04 View Post
not really, but i need to vent i'm so far behind now with the snow we got last week its killing me i was all set to go for aerations on thursday of last week and then it snowed, and since then its been to cold or snowy to work so tommrow will be my first day i can work. plus i have 2 mulch jobs i need to do one is large and a big deal and the other will just take an hour or two. and to top it off i'm still in school full time and i work a part time job at mark's outdoor power equipment in northville on monday and wensdays. its just so stres full, then my shop is all torn apart from getting all the mowers tuned up ect ect. and i still need to paint the trailer and finish my ztr. uggg o well just need to vent i know alot of u guys are also in the same boat as i am. any way hope every has a good season.
alex
Between the weather and people wanting dirt cheap work its been frustrating. How big is your big mulch job and what do you charge per yard installed?
__________________
EVERYTHING HAS SOLD

Official DOT Truck Consulting
Are you DOT ready?
Reply With Quote
  #8496  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Eclipse Eclipse is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by d&rlawncare View Post
Ill have to see if I can get a bulk discount for the 32 yards. After doing further research my 55 a yard installed sees way o low. more like 80 min?
Around here, some guys are charging $100/yard for premium bark. I don't know how they get it. $65-$70/yard for premium bark seems to be the average rates in this area.
Reply With Quote
  #8497  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:29 PM
d&rlawncare's Avatar
d&rlawncare d&rlawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Around here, some guys are charging $100/yard for premium bark. I don't know how they get it. $65-$70/yard for premium bark seems to be the average rates in this area.
thanks for the help.
__________________
EVERYTHING HAS SOLD

Official DOT Truck Consulting
Are you DOT ready?
Reply With Quote
  #8498  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:40 PM
bigjeeping's Avatar
bigjeeping bigjeeping is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 900
D&R. I do a lot of mulch. My cost is also $30/yard for the cedar, and its 28/yard for dyed. I charge anywhere from $70-85/yard delivered and installed depending on the size of the job. For a 30 yard job I would personally charge $70-75/yard depending on what you think you can get.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8499  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:53 PM
d&rlawncare's Avatar
d&rlawncare d&rlawncare is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeeping View Post
D&R. I do a lot of mulch. My cost is also $30/yard for the cedar, and its 28/yard for dyed. I charge anywhere from $70-85/yard delivered and installed depending on the size of the job. For a 30 yard job I would personally charge $70-75/yard depending on what you think you can get.
Thanks. You guys have helped a lot. Ill let you know if I get it or not.
__________________
EVERYTHING HAS SOLD

Official DOT Truck Consulting
Are you DOT ready?
Reply With Quote
  #8500  
Old 04-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Jason Pallas Jason Pallas is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Grosse Pointe. MI
Posts: 1,321
My prices for mulch are about the same as bigjeeping's.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alternative landscaping

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08 AM.

Page generated in 0.17962 seconds with 8 queries