Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-21-2003, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had business cards made up with landscraping once...
I got my signs at http://www.precisionsignz.com I think i only paid a few dollars a piece..
Old 09-21-2003, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tom,

Why the area code? Unless of course there are more than one in your service area?

Nice aearation sign.

I would think if it has been successful to duplicate it exactly with format.... name, # and all in the same placement....Just changing to "Give your lawn a sweep for fall clean-up."

Same image, different color,-- allows people to associate the two together instead of "is that the same outfit?"
Old 09-22-2003, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Green in Idaho
Tom,

Why the area code? Unless of course there are more than one in your service area?

Nice aearation sign.

I would think if it has been successful to duplicate it exactly with format.... name, # and all in the same placement....Just changing to "Give your lawn a sweep for fall clean-up."

Same image, different color,-- allows people to associate the two together instead of "is that the same outfit?"
There's about 4 area codes in metro Detroit, with promises for 2 more to be introduced in the next few years. And often even in your own area, you have to dial the code. I've always included the area code in all advertising. As do most other businesses.

My leaf clean up sign emphasizes the work I am trying to get. The township does not do leaf pickup, the residents have to bag the leaves. I am trying to get those people who are tired of bagging leaves to pay me to vac them and take them away. Some people are willing to do the clean up, but not real happy about bagging them in those crappy brown recycle bags. I want to get those people, as well as the folks who want me to do the entire cleanup. I think the two signs are similar enough in design that they will recognize me.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mtdmaster
There's about 4 area codes in metro Detroit, with promises for 2 more to .
Aahh I see. That's funny to someone who comes from a state with only ONE area code for the whole state...

Good luck with the leaves.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I couldn't figure out why you would ask that at first, then I realized that Idaho must only have 1 area code. With all the fax machines and cell phones and pagers and new housing going up around here, area codes keep popping up like crazy. And that's just in the Detroit area. There are 4 other area codes alone in the state.

Thanks.