Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-24-2003, 11:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

door hangers

what company (web site) would you recommend to offer descent looking professional doorhangers at a good price?

I have looked at growpromo, rnd, and one other one. Haven't found anything that jumps out at me
Old 09-24-2003, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

www.postcardwarehouse.com

I got mine done there and the quality was superb.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by MacLawnCo
www.postcardwarehouse.com

I got mine done there and the quality was superb.
that is funny that you just said that, because I just finished looking at that website and I think that is where I am going to get them from. Not bad pricing and they look professional too. Heck 2,500 for about only $450 is not bad at all
Old 09-24-2003, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tiedeman
that is funny that you just said that, because I just finished looking at that website and I think that is where I am going to get them from. Not bad pricing and they look professional too. Heck 2,500 for about only $450 is not bad at all
The quality and service is super!!! That price sounds a little high....unless you are either printing on both sides or prices have gone up.

In the spring I paid $525 including shipping and art work for 5,000. I even had competitors complimenting on mine.

Matt

www.progressivelawn.com
www.wichitalawnmowing.com
www.partybuswichitaks.com

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
- Aristotle

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old 09-24-2003, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Here are a few sites.

http://www.webcards.biz/doorhangers/
http://www.door-hangers-direct.com/
http://www.politicalsign.com/printing.html
Old 09-25-2003, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't forget to check your local print shops too. I can get an incredibly great door hanger locally for $140/1,000. Fantastic service too. I received many compliments and accounts!! They let me take the draft versions before I chose one to print & I showed those to a group of ladies at the office complex for a "vote." Great feedback, plus I signed one of them up!!!
Old 10-14-2003, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are those door hangers worth 8 times as much as a single color flyer?? Is the response rate really that much higher? So you pay $450 for the hangers and then you still have to pass them out? What is your typical response rate?

Toro 21" w/ Suzuki
John Deer 14ST
Troy Built Tuff Cut 210
Echo GT200R trimmer
Echo PB200 blower
'99 Ford Ranger XLT

"Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death."

Anais Nin
Old 10-14-2003, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did the door hangers this spring and I can tell you that response wasn't too good, actually pretty poor. However, when comparing cost of door hangers to the single color flyer, it is nothing. For one figure out how many you will pass out in a year and realize that the amount of time it will take you. Whatever the difference is made up with a better customers that you will have w/ the door hangers since their first image is much more professional of you and will expect that of you to charge more than the guy just getting by with the single color copy. There are just too many of the cheap copies being handed out by startups around here and a potential customer knows this by the difference in quality and the type customer who wants an established business is more willing to pay for better service hence the preception of the better company through the door hangers.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brentsawyer
There are just too many of the cheap copies being handed out by startups around here and a potential customer knows this by the difference in quality and the type customer who wants an established business is more willing to pay for better service hence the preception of the better company through the door hangers.
Agree.

Listen, I had my door hangers & little helpers paid for + a lot more with the first account I landed. Well, well worth it plus a lot of fun for me & the girls. Spring for the few additional bucks on quality door hangers and make a good first impression with your potential clients.

As far as time invested & response - my 8 yo daughter & a couple of her friends, on the first three evenings doing this put out about 300 which resulted in 5 full season jobs, a pretty big (40 yard) mulch job, and a nice $400 spring clean up. I don't know what your goals are, but in my book that is a fantastic return.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out NEBS they have some really good prices, I picked some up this spring and they looked great.