12 equal billings 5 31.25%
10 equal billings 0 0%
bill 1st of month for prior months service 11 68.75%
pre pay with discount offered 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2003, 06:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Contracts/freq of billing?

The thread we had recently on contracts made me curious how all of us are doing the billing. 12 equal? bill beginning of the month? etc...was thinking of going to 12 equal next year as that would appeal to some of the larger commercial accounts and might give us an edge when bidding on new accounts..
Old 10-04-2003, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Gary

We bill the 1st of the month for the prior month's service (that includes all services offered) for all current customers and one-shot deals. I'm not real keen on a 10 or 12 month contract billing. I definately see the advantages, but I'm not so sure the yuppies and dinks over here would be too thrilled about paying for lawn service with a foot of snow on the ground in February...
Old 10-04-2003, 07:09 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

good point Rod...I dont think I'd do it for residential since there is some school of thought that the longer one waits between providing a service and then billing for it, the greater the chance is of not getting paid for it. I used to be responsible for a 7 figure budget in a prior life. When you are building a new budget for the upcoming year, it does make it easier for budgeting and quarterly variance reports if the yearly costs are spread evenly. Mostly thinking of the 12 equals for commercial...and oh btw Rod...its raining here and its coming your way...so what else is new
Old 10-04-2003, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by GarPA
Mostly thinking of the 12 equals for commercial...and oh btw Rod...its raining here and its coming your way...so what else is new

Rain huh? Just f***ing lovely, like we need some more. And I was gonna do some fert today if I could...crapola.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

and its been raining pretty steady for hours...so much for the forecast of "showers"...about ready to cancel all the aerations...will it ever stop this year
Old 10-04-2003, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

8 equal payments down her, first is send with the new contract for the upcoming season, they return the contract with a check for the first payment.

On a side note I just love gopher for this year, since it prints in the invoices Payment 1 out of 8, two out of 8 and so on.

Contract includes everything, Lawn maintenance Weekly, spring and fall clean up, and 4 feryilizer applications.