Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-19-2003, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Bobcat T190

I rented a Bobcat T200 a few weeks ago and was amazed by the machine to considered purchasing one. However, I find myself unable to get around the weight of this machine.

I currently have a Bobcat 763 which is a great machine but does a fair share of tearing up lawns and has poor traction when its wet out. Further, I am taking on jobs where the 1600 lb lift capacity is limiting me. I am starting to look at the T190, which seems to be the next step up from my current machine.

Have any of you used a T190 before? Could you compare its performance to a 763? I know I'll have to rent one before I make my final decision (need a tracked machine for a job in a couple weeks) but would love any input you have.

Thanks,

John
Old 10-19-2003, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The T-190 is a very good machine. I have operated one and my only complaint is my teeth chattered for a week afterwards. It is a pretty stiff ride. The best of the skids, (rubber tracks) would be the Cat 257 in the T-190 size range. The Bobcat has a better cab design however. My next choice would be the Gehl/Mustang which is a winner as well. It all comes down to what suits you better as far as fit and feel from w/in the cab and in the wallet.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Daddyrabbit,

I rented a T200 a while back and thought the ride was pretty smooth. The T190 was bumpy for ya?

Did you ever try to pick up a pallet of pavers with the T190?

I know I need to demo one to know exactly what it is capable of but would love any input.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about the pavers but my feeling is it would be tough for it to handle a full pallet of wet sod. I heard that the Bobcat was coming out w/electronic servos which would mean you would not lose any hydraulic pressure when skidding. It would also have a similar joystick to the Cat or Gehl. I understand what you mean about the weight being a factor as you can be on tracks or not but when you cross a yard w/10K lbs you know it and the lawn does to. The Gehl has a more agressive track that the Bobcat and the tracks are wider on the Cat 257 than the T-190. I'd do a demo on all machines and then buy.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:15 AM
LawnSite Member

My Bobcat dealer says that the joysick controls will be available either this month or next.

Like DaddyRabit mentioned you might want to check out the tracked CAT skid steers. Their under carriage is suspended on torsion bars and gives a smoother ride.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Try looking at an ASV before you buy. www.asvi.com
Ferris 52" WB
Exmark Lazer 60"
Kubota ZD21 Pro
Shindiawa Trimmers and Blowers
Old 12-04-2003, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Cat is lightyears ahead of Bobcat with the Servo controls. The cabs on Bobcats are better, the front door on the enclosed cab gives you full vision, whereas the Cat one does not and limits the view. That was my reason for not getting a cab for our 216 when we purchased. The Cat tracked machines give an awesome ride, very smooth.

Go hard, go fast, or go home