Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-24-2003, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Bad Day

Guess I'm just venting but i did a clean up on my aunts yard today.
Well got there and starting getting stuff off the trailer. Tripped and smashed my knee on the caster of my lazer, Threw a couple F bombs and sat for about 10 min so i could walk again. Well took my walk off and started the first pass around the perimeter. Well I'm almost done with the pass and look down at the intake chute and see a bolt fell out. I spend another 10 min walking around looking for it found the bolt but no nut. Well i have to load up and go to fleet farm and when i get there of course they have no bolts in the size i need. Finally had to get a grade 8 bolt only thing there. Get back and start again, well about half way through the yard I look down and the tab that come off the bracket where the bolts i just replaced go through the weld broke and is hanging there by one bolt instead of two. Ok i say I'm about to kill someone. As I'm emptying the can into the back of the truck i fall into all the leaves and get all dirty. Go to start the engine on the vac and one of the rivets breaks ahhh. Well i finally get done and then the neighbor comes over a starts complaining about leaves I blew in his yard i look at his yard there is like 6" of leaves covering everywhere and theres a slight wind. I argue with him for 5 min and telling him its not my fault, then i just said alright man you can just get out of my face unless your going to pay me for my time cause i have better things to do then sit here and waste my time with this BS. Then I load up and and drive home. I must be having a bad luck steak or something i have never had this much stuff go wrong in one day for me.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ahh, you must mean one of those days when it would have been cheaper to just stay in bed. Gotta love those days.

<=====<<<< Success is getting what you want and happiness is wanting what you get.>>>>=====>
Old 10-24-2003, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about your trouble.....Buck up it's almost over.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There will be more to come. Sad to say, but it's true.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Yea I know guys have this happen all the time but I rarley ever have trouble. I'm suprised I didn't get a flat either considering I havent had one in 6 years. LoL I probaly jinks myself and will get one now.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Is it just me, or is something ALWAYS bound to break come cleanup time?

<=====<<<< Success is getting what you want and happiness is wanting what you get.>>>>=====>
Old 10-24-2003, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

For this to work out right the neighbor would have to have the majority of the trees on his property.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, things that you need are always broken when you need them. I think its a law or somthing

Better days will come, and so will worse. They are somtimes out of your control but their are things to do to avoid some of them...

carry extra bolts and nuts
know where you can get a part guaranteed when your in a pinch
stock up on parts that always seem to break...carry them in a tool box behind your truck seat.

About that slamming your knee on the exmark caster..YEP,i did that this summer. Was checking for cars in teh street while boss backed out the trailer, then jumped in the trailer to go to the next house and ive barley got 2 legs in and he takes off. I do a faceplant and luckily catch my upper body on the traier but 1 knee hits the caster HARD Hurt for the rest of the day. It was stupid on my part though.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm doing strictly design and intall this year and both of my backpacks are running like crap lately. They must know it's the best time of the year to get some attention!
Old 10-24-2003, 10:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had days like that. I cna still remember the day I looked up at the heavens and yelled "My name is Bob - not Job". I felt like the Lord was relly testing me that day. Take a deep breath, things will get better.