Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-30-2003, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Member

John Gamba

john, back to our discussion on the ultra deck. my 17/48 tri. bogs down alot in thick crabgrass when its damp, i am looking at the tt 52 or 60, and you said it didnt cut stringers good . I noticed a post that said one guy had same problem on dixie, he sharpened blades to the center bolt and it solved problem. i need a tt so i can double cut small prop. fast. as far as cutting stringers does the 52 do any better. Should i put a 23 on the 17/48 to get power i need? Also noticed tthp15/36 out cut the 17/48 in wet grass it discharges better and i could go alot faster .So why couldnt exmark make a two bladed 48" with a 23 on it and really cut thick wet grass as well as dry grass? Thanks Rich
Old 10-30-2003, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

RAR wrote:

I noticed a post that said one guy had same problem on dixie

I wonder who that guy was...

Old 10-30-2003, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Re: John Gamba

Quote:
Originally posted by RAR
john, back to our discussion on the ultra deck. my 17/48 tri. bogs down alot in thick crabgrass when its damp, i am looking at the tt 52 or 60, and you said it didnt cut stringers good . I noticed a post that said one guy had same problem on dixie, he sharpened blades to the center bolt and it solved problem. i need a tt so i can double cut small prop. fast. as far as cutting stringers does the 52 do any better. Should i put a 23 on the 17/48 to get power i need? Also noticed tthp15/36 out cut the 17/48 in wet grass it discharges better and i could go alot faster .So why couldnt exmark make a two bladed 48" with a 23 on it and really cut thick wet grass as well as dry grass? Thanks Rich
If you use Excalibur blades you will be fine. The tt has more to offer then just the lazer deck it also has the lazer clutch 200bl and bearings like the lazer in the casters and the tire rims. The 23 Kohler rocks the ultracut 52 BIG TIME. The decks that arnt as wide 32 or a little more will not clump as bad as the bigger ones or wider ones. You will see more HPS on the turf tracer HP's In the future but i don't think it will be till the end of next season. See with the lazer being so popular and the tthp's its hard to keep up with the Joneses. But hang in there they EXMARK is listening and working on it NOW.
here is a taste of a 02 TT 52 23 Kohler.
John
Attached Images

Old 10-30-2003, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh crab grass will BOG any mower down. ITS TOUGH STUFF.
John