Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-31-2003, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

My Exmark Experience

Well .......... I have to concede, the Exmark is going to have to be my next machine.

I have one on the trailer right now, I demo'd a 27-60 Lazer yesterday and I get to keep it till lunch today. I fell in love with it yesterday on the lawns that I cut. It has the mulch kit installed and I got to experience the "turns leaves to dust"----"makes leaves disappear" capabilities. The machine is tight as it can be, turns are very predictable and quick. The 27 Kohler had more than enough power for what I had it in.......today I will finish the demo out on my yard.

I was impressed to say the least. What was also amazing was that I didn't get nearly as dirty with the mulch kit being on there as I was with my mower. I was expecting blowout from it but there was none. Everything I ran over it gobbled up. Pine straw was one thing that I had to slow down over but it even took it down to a small enough size that would have been acceptable to all of my customers.

I could mow the lawns I was in so much faster than I could with my mower and faster by far than my bagging machine, with the same results. I've heard all the hype, read it on here, and now I have to agree that they are bad azz machines.

In all farness to other mowers out there ----I haven't demo'd them,but I know this dealer, he's right here in town. He's exclusively an Exmark dealer and it makes no sense for me to go anywhere else.

When I'm ready.....it'll be Exmark.

Sorry Eric
Old 10-31-2003, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know you will get lots of replies to this one Homer because of the allegiance you "had" to the other mower that will be leaving the trailer.
I too ran more than a few demos on mowers this season. I was very impressed with the Exmarks quality of cut. I had one for a while in the spring. As you may or may not know I am a Walker fan and probably will always be just because it has made me a good chunk of change over the years. I know a big Z can be useful in my business and if I decide to expand next season then there will be more evaluations.
I rate the Exmark at the top but now Toro comes out with the new design and I have to give that a try in the spring. It seems that every year there are more and more improvments made to our benefit. I guess those guys that make them are reading these posts.
I know you will like the Exmark, Good Luck.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

IT'S NO BULL. Homer sounds like you got a winner there.
John
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2003, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I know that anytime you get off a 4 yr old mower and get on a new one your gonna be impressed. The equipment I have right now has been good to me, can't complain about it. My point is: I could demo anything at this point and probably think it was the greatest thing out there.......but all those dealers are 25-30-50 miles away. I probably will demo some more before I shell out the big money, not that I need to, more that at my age I need to experience things and not let emotions take over.

BUT RIGHT NOW I'M IN LUVVVVVVVVVVV:blob3:
Old 10-31-2003, 08:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I fell out of my chair.

Glad you liked the machine. I'm on my second Lazer and neither of them have ever given me any problems.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You won't be sorry.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What are you running right now, Homer?

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

HOMER,

Welcome to the "Previous Dixie Chopper owners that realized Lazers are better Association of America"

Its a growing group, and we'll be happy to have you join our exclusive club.
2006 Hustler SuperZ 28EFI 60" Power Chute Design OCDC SOLD!
Perma-green Magnum
1996 48" SCAG Belt WB 14hp Kawasaki Classic Deck
Echo 2 strokes PB-755 & SRM 280
Eastman WM20H 20" Commercial Push mower (NEW for 2013)
Commercial Lawnboy trim mower 3-FOR SALE!http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=424203
Solo since 1980
Old 10-31-2003, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Great to hear Homer.

I picked up my new Lazer Z hp Last week, An I am so impressed with it. what a machine..

:blob3:
Old 10-31-2003, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I currently run a 50" Chopper, a 72" Chopper and a 48" Scag, all of these have their own good points but overall the Exmark......previously known as Axemark....seems to have everything rolled into one machine.

I must say after posting this I put it to use in my own yard. I was enjoying the early morning mowing.....and testing it's ability to mow heavy dew situations......when suddenly a spring broke and the mule drive belt came off 3.1 hours on the mowchine and it has to happen to me! Took it back to the dealer and he fixed it but I didn't have time to get it back to him before he needed it for a show so I left it with them. He said that was a rare occurence and I believed him.

Personally..............I liked a lot about the machine and the mulch kit works great for leaves but..................I'm so used to having the OCDC that I would have to have one on this mower for MY conditions. The roll bar would have to go.......I got slapped by an angry limb yesterday and it made me cuss.

Overall I still want it........the price he quoted for a 27-60, the one I was on, was $8800.00........he gave me another price for a 23-60 minus the roll bar for 8250.00 tax taters and all. Having made too many snap decisions in my day that were costly, I'm going to have to think about it for a while, mulch kit or no mulch kit.......freebie ends today When I get back on my old mowers I'll probably change my mind but I have to remember.............them things are PAID FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

How's that price anyway?