Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2003, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A raw deal.

4 weeks ago I was doing a landscape maintenance job when a guy pulled up with a load of trees. He was driving a 2 ton truck with his name and number on the door. You know, nice outfit.
He ask me about buying some of his trees. I looked at the merchandise, made a phone call and ended up purchasing 10 trees in which he would deliver to the site that the trees were to be planted. We set up a date and time to meet at the resident. The first date fell through on his behalf. Had trouble with help or something. So, we done it another day. That day came and he delivered the trees as agreed except for 3 trees that I inquired about that were not on his truck the 1 day. He said it was to wet to get them and that he would bring those tree next week. I said OK. I paid for all the trees including the 3 trees that I have yet to receive.

Now he is giving me the run around. I need the three trees or my cash back for the three trees. He wont answer the phone or return my calls.

What should I do?
1. Go old school, find his resident and do some pruning (I'm not talking about the 1/3 rule.) to some trees on the truck.
2. Old school # 2...Roundup....
3. Old school #3...Confront him demanding my money or may the best man win....fistacuff type approach.
4. Spread the word about his operation and forget the money.
5. Go legal...over $270.00

I honestly believe he has no intention delivering the trees or my money.

I know this is very bobbygedd like, so bobby what would you do?

Keep in mind that the $270.00 is not going to "break me" or "make me". I just don't like to be intentionally Who doed.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tires are expensive.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Live and learn. COD

Dont be a prick. Remember, its always the one who retaliates who gets caught.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sometimes the little mistakes make a lasting impression.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

First - send him a written ultimatum. His last chance before the sh** hits the fan.

It should go something like this:

Dear ______,

On (date) you agreed to sell me ______for $_____. I paid you in full on (date) for 10 trees, but you only delivered 7. You gave an explanation for the missing 3 trees and said you would deliver them the following week, which I said was fine. Now, four weeks have passed. You are not returning my calls. I am dismayed that you have treated me like this and I have gotten the impression you intend not to deliver the remaining trees or provide a refund. I trusted you ______(name) and now I'm upset.

I demand a refund of $270 by (date) (within like 3 days). This represents the dollar amount of the undelivered trees which I have paid you for.

I want it to be clear to you, (name), that this is your last and final chance to resolve this matter amicably.

After (date) if I do not have your check for $270 in my hands, I will report you to the police for theft and file a criminal complaint against you. Next you will need to answer this charge before me and a judge in a court of law. You will be forced to pay me my money, plus court costs and maybe lawyers' fees too.

And then, because of the malicious nature of your dealings with me, I intend to seek additional redress and punitive damages in civil court.

So, (name), you need to make a quick decision. Will you refund my money, and our problem will end, or do you prefer to allow some unnecessary anguish to come into your life? Because I will bring it to you if I do not get my money.

O-so-n-so
Old 11-01-2003, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

all 5 sound good to me.yah know 5 or 6 yards of crushed trap rock in the front of his driveway can work wonders yah know
Old 11-01-2003, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

#3 Tell him you don't give a rats azz who get the money you or the hospital he's gonna end up in.

If he don't pay put a shovel upside his head and then report him to the cops for threating you and theft of service
Just make sure you have a friend hear the threat!
Old 11-01-2003, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MacLawnCo
Live and learn. COD

Dont be a prick. Remember, its always the one who retaliates who gets caught.
Truer word were never spoken. If you get caught, then you look like the worst offender. Not the guy wo didn't deliver the trees. If you're prepared to "eat" the $270, then take 'em to small claims court and let the judge decide. Good luck.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I would take a 55 gallon drum of azz whoop and pour it all over him. By the way just how big a old boy is he? Because by god it ain't nothin for me to whoop a man's azz.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

JustALawnGuy

The most professional advise. I'd do what he said.
Twenty - thirty years ago olderthandirt, rock and mike9497
and I thought a alot a like. Those days are long gone now though that is if you value your freedom.