Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Magna-Matic
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Magna-Matic Lawn Mower Blade Balancers, Sharpeners, and more

Old 07-05-2004, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Member

These Machines

Does these machines have a guide so that you maintain that perfect cutting edge. I've tried to view the pics, but it not real clear to me. I believe they cut at a 30 degree angel?

Thanks,

Racer
Old 07-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Sponsor

Hello,

Yes, the relationship of the work table and the position of the wheel provide the proper cutting angle of 30 degrees.

When you lower the grinding wheel to where you are almost grinding the plastic work table - that is your reference point of a 30 degree cut. As the wheel wears, just keep lowering the wheel with the crank on the top of the machine to the point of almost grinding the work table and you will maintain the proper angle on your blades.

If a more shallow angle is desired, raise the wheel up, if a steeper angle is desired you will have to grind into the plastic work table - giving yourself a new angle reference point.

Magna-Matic is the ONLY sharpener mfg to offer an angle refernece point so that you KNOW what angle you are producing. All the others move the grinding wheel up and down - which does not allow you to ever KNOW what angle you are sharpening - you can only ever match what was there before - which may or may not be correct.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp
Old 07-05-2004, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

Appreciate your quick reply and you cleared things up...I'm only a homeowner, and i use a bench grinder for my blades, until i came across your blade sharpening machine. I get confused as to whether to look at your 8000 or the 9000. I use both hi-lift and mulch baldes. I'm getting really interested in your product.

Racer
Old 07-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Sponsor

Hello,

Do your "mulching" blads have bends in the cutting edge, or are they wavy? If so .. then the MAG-8000 is required to do those blades.

If the blades have flat straight cutting edges the MAG-9000 will take care of them just fine.

Thank you,

Magna-Matic Corporation
Waldo WI USA
800-328-1110 (toll free USA & Canda)
920-564-2366 (PHONE)
gbauer2@magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic.com
www.magna-matic-direct.com
www.youtube.com/magnamaticcorp