Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-19-2003, 05:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Quickbooks and QXpress. If you do not need the scheduling yet get Quickbooks and you can add qxpress at anytime.
Old 11-19-2003, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

QuickbooksPro here, because it has the payroll function.

As stated earlier, one of the big plusses for QB is that essentially every accountant knows it (if your accountant doesn't know it, get another accountant!). Actually, I haven't been to my accountant's office in years, I just email the info she needs, including a copy of my QB files. My accounting fees are remarkably low, because of my effort to stay organized and by using QB.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, accountants know QB but that's not because they all like it. It is only because the market has gone that direction.

Kind a like Microsoft graphic design software. Pro designers generally agree Mac is better for graphics but they all have to learn PC and MS programs cuz the market is doing their own designs and then having the stuff translated into printing and other products.

Not the BEST but what the general population goes with due to the marketing dollars of the software makers...:alien:
Old 11-19-2003, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

heres the link to the QB message boards:

http://www.quickbooks.com/support/boards/index.html
Old 11-20-2003, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Qb is the best program for keeping track of accounting, but the more you grow the more you'll have the need for a program that can schedule all your work, the one I use is gopher and I did try all of the other program out there and settle with this, the only problem is that the link with QB is somehow not 100% right maybe the new version will correct all this problems.

The other funny thig is they pretty much have people on all of the green industry forums promoting the program, but I haven't seing any of those people keep track of any of the treads they participate in, they usually post once and move on to the next post, even in their own forum it takes'em days to reply a question and sometimes they just don't.

Customer service is grat tought (over the phone).