Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-13-2003, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Member

referrals

what do you do to incentify your staff to get more referral business? Does anybody pay a higher commission or bonus or anything for your staff getting and closing referrals as opposed to company leads?
Old 11-13-2003, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A friend of mine gives his employees profit sharing. I dont think it does much to improve on results or their speed though. Personally I dont think you can make employees work harder or go better work then what they do now. You just gtta keep hiring and firing guys till you build a group that works the way you want. Took me two years to do it. Once you get that employee that works hard and does beautiful work though, make sure you make it worth their time. Alot of guys are into giving each employee a fair shot when you hire them. I hire a guy four about three or four days. He works with me those first days, and I can pretty much tell if he is gnna be worthless or not. I fired three guys in their first week this year. Some say its unfair, but it cost to much to waste time on worthless employees. As far as referalls though, I make up all of my employees business cards. They hand them out wherever they go, and if one of my employees hooks us up with work, he gets five percent cut off that job. You would be suprised how much those guys try and find work for us.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hi Clifton,

Here is a quote from this post.

"The company I worked for paid technicians 10% of the annual sale,paid out after each service was completed and paid for. They also pd $5 per lead, given to the sales rep, if it was sold. They also gave a $25 bonus for 10 leads that got sold."
Old 11-13-2003, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

this is what I do:
employees that give me names and information (and the information has to be solid) and I close the sale, then they get a $25 bonus for each potential customer that becomes a customer.