Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-14-2003, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking of buying frontpage

I have been thinking about buying frontpage to build my website. I just use some cheap sitebuilding program right now. Makes you enter tons of html code. Heard frontpage was a little easier and faster to work with. Wondering if any of you have it and would like to here some pros and cons.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

frontpage is a breeze. Ive used it on multiple basic sites, and it does everything for you. Im now working on a huge, very complicated site and am going to be watching since its way too complex for me.

Last edited by MacLawnCo; 11-24-2003 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Frontpage

FrontPage is very easy to work with. If you just read thier quick start manual and follow the directions in a few hours you will have mastered all the techniques to do a nice website.

You can create a very nice looking site with Frontpage easily and quickly. One of the things I do on many of my sites is to go somewhere like www.pixelmill.net and just find a pre-made template that I thnk looks cool so I have a sharp design. Then all I have to worry about is what pages I want, what I want to say and what photos I want on my site.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Frontpage is great it is what i have used for a few years now and it is not at all hard to work with it. do a surch on yahoo for frontpage templates, there are lots of them out there and it makes your work a whole lot easyer.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Matt,

did you do your superiorgroundcover site in front page? Looks great
Old 12-01-2003, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope that was higherd out to a web development company. I did do my old Hometown site from front page and a template but alase it is no longer in operation because the company no longer exists. But yes the site was done by a pro and it is my partners site I am starting a devision of that company down in South Eastern Michigan this spring that site is under development and so is the company. But thanks for the complaments!!!
Old 12-07-2003, 03:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey...

New Leaf Landscape - I have that name registered here in Oregon...

Just kidding. Think I mentioned that on the G. W. forum.

I wish I still had one of the business cards from back then. It would be half way to being an antique by now.

Coast Redwoods . . . Landscaping Portland & Tree Service . . . M. D. Vaden Photography

http://www.lawnsite.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9938&dateline=1262369890
Old 12-09-2003, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Frontpage is easy to use. Great for beginners that's for sure. You don't have to have any html scripting experience. Which is obviously a bonus, but at the same time if you want to add Java or video or any kind of special effect and know the code you can!

You can actually do websites like superiorgroundcover on frontpage. The images are split and are in tables. Very good website BTW

You might want to suggest to your partner that they put some Meta tags in which will considerably help his listing on search engines etc. Depending if you guys want to be on the search engines of course

Meta Tags can be done in Front Page also, without much difficulty. There is information all over the net on the best way to do meta tages and where to put them. Worth the time, I am suprised the Pro's didn't do it for them.

TAke care and all the best

Ebony
Old 12-14-2003, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I ended up buying it. I am already loving it. Real simple to use and already published my web. Still working on making it a little more fancy looking. What is the easiest ways to meta tags on there for the search engines if anyone knows.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Option No. 1: On the “File” menu go to “Properties”. Then click on the "Custom" Tab. Under User Variables you'll see two entries already in the box (GENERATOR & ProgId). Click the Add button to the right of these and under name type in either "description" or "keywords" and then enter the Value (here you enter the description or the keywords depending the "Name" set) then click OK. If you entered the description then do the same again (Press the Add Button... etc) and enter the details for keywords. See Illustration Below.

Or Option No. 2 is to click on the HTML tag at the bottom of your page and enter in the Meta Tags in the HTML format window. e.g.

Most of the above is automatically generated by FrontPage. It doesn't matter which order you put it in.

Hope this helps.

I had to put the meta tag info into an image (2nd image in this post) as it kept picking it up as HTML and so it was vanishing from my post. hehe, fancy that!

Take care and all the best

Ebony